Have you cheated? If so, why?

Go anonymous if you must. I am just curious what has caused some people to cheat. Was it temptation? Lack of interest in your partner? Your relationship got boring? If it was a matter of the last two options I listed, please explain to me why you didn't leave your partner before performing sexual acts with another person.

I have been cheated on twice. I never asked for an explaination. Though I never held it against the people who cheated because sometimes somethings are justified. I was recently cheated on by a long term boyfriend that I had which has led me to ask this question. I have no hard feelings toward this man because we were having problems beforehand, so I believe that is why he did such a thing. But I am trying to better understand the motive behind such acts.

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was at my worst (a wife, a mistress, and a few "side chicks") it was more about power and wealth then sex. I was quite wealthy and was just so far up my own ass that if I saw something I liked I just went for it. I also had a connection with at least 3 of them, but again it was all about me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I cheated, and I know it was wrong. I was in a bad place and my boyfriend at the time who cheat every time we got into a fight, with the one girl I couldnt stand (so high school I know) but one time I had enough. I cheated on him with a guy he couldn't stand just to just him a taste of his own medicine. In the end it just made me feel like crap and I learned an important lesson, two wrongs dont make a right. I was wrong for lowering myself to his level. We went on to break-up and both of us have moved on, unfortunately he hasn't changed, and I feel so bad for his girlfriend who he cheats on all the time.

• And I haven't cheated since then. I learned my lesson.

What Guys Said 6

• yes I've cheated. I felt really shitty about it but I just couldn't help myself.

• No. Because I'm not a piece of garbage.

• Nope never🙂

• I cheated because another girl just was all over me and I was in the moment. I feel bad about it till this day tho...

• My girlfriend and ex-girlfriend seem to feel that way about it, but i totally told the ex (who i had been miserable with for a long, LONG time) that i met somebody else before i went to meet my (now) girlfriend irl...

• Only after being cheated on for years, and still felt wrong even though I shouldn't have because it had been done so much to me beforehand

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think there's really reasons justified, if there's communication and it's just not working its better to break up, if you're lacking in some areas where they aren't understanding or speaking up-- still doesn't justify it. IF someones a bad partner the more reason to break up not cheat on them because theyre you're comfort in the relationship. I find cheating selfish and quite cowardly, I've been cheated on and the reasoning was they just wanted more but wanted to still have me.

• I started dating a guy but didn't know he had a girlfriend back home (he is from the UK and I am from the US... he was visiting the US for a summer). So he basically cheated on both of us, though I feel far more bad for the other girl. He always referred to her as his ex, and I never questioned it until I started noticing him act strange. Anyways, from what he said about her, I think his reasoning was that she had very little to no sex drive whereas he had an incredibly high libido and their relationship was always about her problems not his. Doesn't justify disloyalty at all, but there you go... his reason.

• I've never cheated! know the cost of betrayal so I'd never consider cheating either. I could never hurt someone that way, my conscience wouldn't allow me to. Guilts too heavy of a burden to carry.

I have strong self- control over my emotions and desires... not everyone does , so in a moment of weakness they may cheat, and even regret it later.

There's no justification for cheating... only excuses. 😊

• I have cheated emotionally twice. Each time I broke up with the guy. I have sort of cheated physically, but not exactly. I wasn't dating either one of the guys for long anyway. I don't do relationships anymore. I'm not someone who can handle commitment.

• Have you cheated? If so, why?
    Nope. If I want sex with another guy I just tell my boyfriend I want a break, go sleep with the guy, and then get off of break.

• Kinda, I kissed 2 guy and flirted a lot, dirty texted but no nudes. He was cheating on me and breaking up with me all the time just to get back together a few weeks later :/ I loved him but he hurt my feelings, so I gave him a taste of his meds. He even dated my best friend, kissed her but that was it. All behind my back! So I had a one night stand with his best friend.. Then he knew my pain. I just couldn't take it anymore. He did again tho. -.-

• Never cheated on someone. But I have had something going on with a guy who had a girlfriend.

• Right there with you. Been cheated on too. Except I did ask why and made a fool of myself.

• I cheated on emotional level. Not physical at all, but still not right. I felt like I wasn't receiving the attention & affection from my long term boyfriend. An old friend reached out to me & we started talking everyday. He made me feel like the perfect woman & always told me my boyfriend wasn't showing me off and appreciating me like he should. After a month , I cut the communication off. I do regret it , even though my partner doesn't know. If you want to be in a committed relationship , you can't let other people get to you. Focus on your partner & talk things out.