Do players ever change?

Is it true that once a player, always a player? Do they ever change their ways, and if so, is it due to maturity/age, or is it when they find that specific person they want to be serious with and is somehow 'different' from the others?
what are your views on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and no.
    There are different types of players and different types of reasons as to why they are players. Players are addicted to what they are doing, they see their targets as a challenge, they boost their ego every time they conquer. It's a game. You can be different than the others but that does not mean he (or even she) wants to give up the game, this is why many players fall back to their old habits or often cheat. The player can only change when the player wants to and be it for any reason. There are cases where the player never changes and he ends up alone. There are cases where the player do meet the one he wants to change his ways for. My ex for example was a huge player for years but eventually got washed up, he couldn't play anymore so he found this cute girl who was right for him and he changed his ways after I broke his heart.. I think that must've been his wake up call. However I personally can't help to believe that once a player - always a player. In the end.
    Players aren't robots though, they can still fall in love but playing is an addiction they have. It's a way of living they have chosen. They play all types of mind games and they do it so well. It is exhausting to keep up with a player and even more so to try to change one. I could write a very long story about this subject coming but I suppose this will be enough. There's just so many different perspectives on a question like this, I can't speak for all players out there since everyone has different motives and different reasons but I hope I could help you out with "this".

What Guys Said 11

• Despite popular belief. Players do change, but it depends on the kind of player you are talking about. One kind is the type that wants to be a player for life and only seeks out open relationships. The other type is where he is only playing in his younger years and then wants to get married later. So he might play around up until his 30s and realises he wants to settle down. I think a lot of guys fall into this category where they want to sleep with lots of women when theyre young, but do eventually want to start a family. So if a guy is accused of being a player and he is young then its most likely he won't settle for you.

Also sometimes players find it hard to fall in love. Theyre so used to just sleeping around that a serious relationship never crosses their mind. Its because of the mindset that they have which makes it difficult for them to commit. So if they are players then its difficult to change since he has been so used to it for a long time. Sorta like breaking out of a bad habit. So even if he has decided to try and find someone in his 30s it may still be difficult even though he is really trying. So maybe he made a mistake by cheating for example. It went back to his old ways just because of a bad habit.

• Seldom do they change its not impossible but very unlikely. It's in their make up to be desired to be found sexually attractive by many people. It's what drives them and motivates them. They tend to be selfish and even narcissistic unfortunately these treaties are very difficult to change.

• Honestly they don't I was a nice guy that had relationships before and today I'm hooking up with a different sloot every week. I don't see myself changing any time soon. No amazing girl is going to come in my life and make me want to change lol. I'm having way too much fun. I can only say from my experience.

• Everyone is different and the same goes for "Players" they may change they may not. Keep in mind most men don't reach full mental maturity around their mid to late 20's

• I don't think players are capable of changing

• There is a saying I learned that said " How many psychologist does it takes to change a lightbulb, well depends if the lightbulb wants to change" it's silly but it's true one only changes when they want to change

• Don't get with a player hoping he will. Having said this: most will ultimately settle down. You don't know if and when.

• People can change. But, most people don't change significantly beyond adolescence.

• I think players can change, but would I risk dating a player myself? I don't think I would :s

• No players retire after a certain age

• ah women. ahhhh women. you never change. neither do players

What Girls Said 6

• They can if they legitimately want to. If someone doesn't want to change though then it's unlikely to happen. No one can "make" a person change their ways.

• They do, I've seen it happen with my own eyes. The change can be so dramatic. When they fall in love truly they fall hard and it's not easy to be like their former self. A player in love can be quite dangerous lol

• Unlikely, but it can happen. Good to keep an open mind.

• Nahhh players don't change trust me

• We want to believe that they do but they don't.

• Why would they change? What they do works so...