Is it true that hot girls/guys can't be friendzoned?

Are they granted immunity from it simply because they're hot? Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. It's possible. No one is inherently hot. Looking attractive requires two things the entity in question and an observer. The entities properties and the observer's taste have to line up. So people who are considered hot are never hot to absolutely everyone. The actors and models are usually only hot to those recruiting actors and models and they're simply hoping others will agree. Somethings are inherently attractive to all humans. Clear skin is usually a sign of clean skin or at least it was. These days it's not as clear of an indicator but human history is progressing faster than our brains can evolve. Other things like facial symmetry and a healthy glow are inherent signs of attractiveness across humanity. But having these traits doesn't automatically make you attractive in everyone's eyes. They just increase the likelihood a little. Things like the observers past experience, family, and ancestory have strong affects on what a person considered attractive. So I can almost guarantee every hot person you've seen has felt unattractive to someone. And they all have a pretty good chance of having experienced a friend zoned like situation. Not to mention the fact that our looks change overtime. Rarely is a person considered consistently attractive from birth to death.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have plenty of male friends from dat #gymlife who are just, um, friends.

And my friendzone isn't just the friendzone, oh no, it's the #brotherzone. Adoptive brothers. LOL That's for life. You don't get out of the brother zone.
    This was true even before I was married.

What Guys Said 14

• It's more of one's perception by their definition and standards. I have declined women (acquainted or not), in the past, who have asked me out. My friends asked me if there was something wrong with me or to get my eyes checked.

Having a great rack, butt, or both not proportionate to her body; bone-like frame like they haven't eaten in days or food-deprived; or whatever reasons that doesn't fit my ideal definition of hot... yeah no thanks, friend-zoned, next please.

• Some hot girls I would probably have sex with once but no relationship. If she wanted to remain friends I'd agree. I just feel like me and a hot woman wouldn't have much in common relationship wise.

• Of course they can - like when they're married.

• The hotter, the easier it is...

• No. I have friend-zoned hot girls.

• i´d say hot girls not so much. hot guys yes, because girls are not that into shallow stuff anyway.

• You think girls aren't shallow? You're in for a nasty surprise then..

• i know they are shallow too. but shallow girls are not so much into pure visuals as into success money and confidence. for guys it´s mostly only visuals.

• LOL that is a myth, girl!

• Not at all true, if you watched Toradora the model basically got friendzoned

• Usually they can as a vain tactic attempt by the person who friendzone them to either save face (do it to them before they do it to you), or to try and get them to want to be with you after getting friend zoned.

• The waist and butt

• no it isn't

• Nope hot girls tend to be not freindzoned. For guys Yeah sometimes.

• Nope I have friendzoned hot girls before and it happens when the guy is taken obviously

• Yes, they can be. People with shitty personalities can only dish out so much abuse before someone isn't interested in them.

What Girls Said 10

• No. You don't just friendzone people because you aren't attracted to them. I have been friends with many VERY good looking men and never messed with them because I valued the friendship to much or because I knew they were jerks to date. If you know one of your friends is a cheater, would you ruin your friendship when you know what the outcome is probably going to be? Not worth it.

• Lol, not true. Apparently to many, I am considered "hot". I don't think so, but to each their own. I have been rejected plenty of times, though.

• I'm breaking the tie on who has participated. That is not true. Hot or not, if a person is not interested in you, then you will be friend zoned. I have a few "hot" guy friends. I am not attracted to their personality, therefore they are friend zoned. Yes I can be physically attracted to them... but doesn't stop me from friend zoning them.

• if you dont like their personalities then why are you friends with them?

• what traits do they lack?

• @Bandit74 Mostly not being able to commit. Not thinking about the future. Not laughing about every little time someone says "boobs". Maybe too stubborn to get along with me. Too outgoing to live with. Little things that would not get along with myself if we lived together.

• No true. Anyone can be friend zone and I mean ANYONE. Hot or not. Kim Kardashian sexy to Freddy Kruger's mom. Not everyone is attracted to anyone.

• Not true. You can be hot and a twat.

• Everyone is interested in different people. Maybe your idea of "hot" is way different than mine. So, to answer your question, anyone can be friendzoned and I think it's safe to say that everyone has the same chance of being friendzoned

• no, not always true.

• No not at all. Personality might play a part in reasons why you'd have to friend zone someone.. Can't be more than friends with a horrible person

• They most definitely can, especially when their personality is shitty.

• I don't think that's true. One of my male friend's is pretty good looking, but we are platonic friends and nothing more. He's nice but... he does things that aren't my type.