Why would a guy stop texting after nonstop talk for over a week?

This guy and I matched on POF on the first and he messaged me, we started talking about where we were from and how we both recently moved to the same area and just general chat. One night we were talking about how we share the same taste in movies and I said we should hang out sometime and watch some, and he asked if I would want to come over that night. Now, we had been talking for about a week by then and I know better than to go over to someone's house that I met online, so I asked if we could do something the following day and have him my number. We texted for a few more days and then he just didn't text back, I didn't stress it, and two days later texted him to see if he would be interested in going to this horror movie expo and he didn't reply. Three days later I texted him just asking him how he was and we ended up talking for several hours and even talked about meeting up again, but he kept mentioning how I live an hour away and he didn't know where the city I live is. We kept flirting and eventually we got off the phone to go to bed. He texted me the following morning and when I replied he never texted back. It's been 4 days and I've tried to text him twice without a reply. Is that normal? Or am I wasting my time?

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe he is poor and can't afford to keep his phone on, maybe he is just playing the field and found somebody willing to go to him. either way, id say give him a choice, be honest, " hey, you still alive? if you want to make a plan to get together this is your last chance, other wise im going to assume im wasting my time." obviously you'll know what he wants by what he says when he texts back or doesn't text back. if he keeps not texting, just say "fuck it" and dont even worry about it. find someone willing to talk and meet up.

What Guys Said 3

• Classic catfish. Don't waste your time on him. Plenty of fish out there, ha. It really doesn't sound like he is interested enough to travel to you. He wants you to go to him and basically just for sex.

Hope you liked my fish puns.

• It's pof 😑 I wouldn't trust anyone on that damn dating app

• I think you should keep trying for a bit longer and after another week or so just leave it

What Girls Said 1

• He sounds inconsistent. I definitely wouldn't waste my time in him, but it's okay to be nice if he does respond. He may not be interested in what you may wantbor he may have someone else in mind. Try not to fret over him and don't let him make you a side girl.