I feel insecure with my boyfriend's status and career , do guys even care about girls who are not as successful as he is?

I'm dating this amazing guy, however I felt insecure that he earned 10x more than my paycheck.
He is an important people in the organization and I have a crappy job.

He always told me that I'm amazing, but I'm not that freshly-manicured, wearing designer brands and I'm just a very laid back introvert. I know I should feel confident and all that stuff.
but now I'm busy trying look for a better paying job just to make sure we are on the same level at least something that he could feel proud of.

Not sure if that is necessary

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you got it backwards , men couldn't give a shit about a womans job or how much money she makes and if they make a lot more than the woman then even better !! Women on other hand make men who earn less than them feel insecure and the marriage/relationship usually doesn't work because the woman makes him less of a man while thinking of him less of man ( straight from women's i know mouthes )

• Yeah but sometimes I want to pick up the tab.. and buy him expensive gifts like wh at he did for me... he had done so much I couldnt repay it.
      I couldnt afford take him to nice restaurant on his birthday or special gifts.. though I wish I could.

• well then do what you can , i know not everyone is going to be making the same money and he knows that too , no need for a fancy resutrant , but dont give him a card either thats a bit lame , find something inbetween not expensive and fun , as much as you might find it hard to believe this but guys dont stress on material things we simply dont care as long as everything else is good.

What Guys Said 9

• Guys, generally, do not care about a woman's career in terms of dating. If she is ambitious, that is great; if not, it's not a big deal.

• Nah. Don't feel that way. He obviously doesn't care. You are over thinking it. The best way to relieve yourself from the guilt or whatever it is you're feeling is to just talk to him about it. I am sure he will tell you that it's a none issue and he doesn't care at all.

• Well it sounds like he really likes you for what you are. I have a fairly high-level job and I am attracted to women that you describe. How long have you been dating him? Do you work for the same company?

• Thank you for your opinion.
      I've dated him for almost 5 months since I moved to Asia and no we don't work in the same company.

• Relationship is not all about competition, be yourself. Work hard to improve yourself no doubt but be happy for the success of others. You are connected to your boyfriend and not to his wealth or paycheck because those are material stuff.

• Men only care that a woman isn't a leech, we don't expect women to provide for us so it's not on our list of positive atributes, in fact, success can work against a woman by drastically shrinking their acceptable mate pool

• In the long run, yes.

• Lol I love how women will say "oh who cares about income" that's not what matters
    they sure as hell won't date a guy who makes less than them though, believe that.

• Caring about their partner having a high status is mostly a female thing. Guys in general, in my experience, don't give a rat's ass. He's all in it for your personality and looks. Not your job.

• Nah most guys don't care. Although it is appealing for a girl to be able to support them selves. Don't worry about it. I'm in a similar situation and I love my girlfriend the way she is... Where both not into the superficial things that come with the salary.

What Girls Said 4

• Not every guy who makes a lot wants a girl who does all of this, and if he did he'd certainly take care of it for you if he knew you had better and more important things to pay for. He's proud of the person that you are, I wouldn't go looking for a better job for him but for you.

• Its about you. Its not hard to figure out that you dont appreciate yourself currently. You make it complicated and blame your boyfriend for making you feel bad. Either you work to level with him emotionally or you aren't suited to your boyfriend long term.

• You are right, I'm currently just being myself and he loves it. We never had any problems or issues in regards to this, but there are times where I just felt so down and depressed, okay maybe because currently I'm on my period.

Whatever it is, just being myself is enough?

Thank you

• Its something you need to figure out.

• I used to feel that way when I started dating my current boyfriend because he travels the world and is around all these celebrities all the time and all people want to talk about is his job and what he does. It used to make me feel some type of way. But to be honest I had to take a look at my self and realize my job is kool to I'm more stable that he is and its ok that we have differences don't let his so called stays make you feel uncomfortable I don't care what he does it's not that important

• My husband literally makes 8 grand a month and i don't even make $600. It shouldn't be about income