Do you think that I was racist?

A guy asked me out today - he was black - but I turned him down because I personally prefer white guys. I didn't tell him that tho. I was polite enough to tell him that I'm just not in the dating scene at the moment. I have other things to worry about. He then started to get angry saying that I was a dumb white bitch, and that I am a racist.

Do you think I was racist or do you think he was just one of those guys who thinks he can get every girl, and found out he couldnt and it annoyed him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not being attracted to black guys doesn't make you racist. What about black people that aren't attracted to white people? Not being attracted to a certain race doesn't make you racist. It's not that you hate black people or have some sort of "moral" issue with it, you just don't find them attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he's racist for how he responded xD

• Yeah. That did hurt a bit when he called me a dumb white bitch. That's why I prefer white guys I guess because we have similarities. Do you feel the same?

• Pretty much yeah xD they'd be happy if I married some sort of russian dude but since I'm not in russia currently they said any white guy thay they approve of 😂

• My dad's kinda the same. He'd kill me if I didn't bring a white guy home.

What Guys Said 13

• he probably would have understood if u told him the truth. but the racism in this country causes people to lie cuz they fear for their safety. If you're not prepared to lie, people will pick up on it------thats when you should be honest.

"Im not interested" should be your default line... cuz its truthful, and is universally applicable. "im not in the dating scene" would have me think to myself " wtf ------ scene?' tf kinda lie is that."

• Racist beyond all belief

• Can't change to what your attracted to so no.

• Well, while I think what he said was technically right, but I do agree with your decision not to date him.

• It depends. If you find the features on whitr people more attractive that black men but you wpuld date one you found attractive I would say there's no problem with preference. If you would never date any black man that's more worrying. As for him he sounds like a little crybaby who hates rejection. His ego is so large so he resorts calling you racist.

• Personally I think it was racist ;)

• It depends what your reasons are but at the same time it could be seen as personal preferences. I wouldn't know which one is the right answer, it depends on you.

• no you wasn't racist you just like white skin its all. if you was like black skin you would accept its simply as that

• Yes you are racist , and so is he , by how he responded.

• Nah you're aren't racist.

• Dat's rayciss!

• Yea that's a bit racist but at the same time the guys a of a douche for reacting that way...

• No you were not racist. Racial preference for a partner isn't related to racism. He was racist (for calling you dumb white bitch), not you.

What Girls Said 3

• It's only racist if you refuse to date all white and no non whites. It's true we have our preferences but there will always be people you're attracted to regardless of race and those you aren't attracted to even if they are white which you've stated is your main preference.

• Racist just doesn't come down to dating certain colours. I wonder why you even brought this up in a forum unless you are feeling guilty for some reason or trying to start a race bait thread to show how black guys are 'racist'.

• No I don't think that you are a racist, you were just being yourself and as far as i know there is nothing wrong with being who you are. you are entitled to you opnions, which are subject. People have preferances which are subjective. I think he was more arrogant and did not think about your feeling by being hateful. Girl you don't have to feel bad about it, you are fine and this is coming from a non- white person.