Is lips to cheek kiss appropriate on first date?

I did that to greet the girl. She didn't mention any dislike however during the date she didn't try to touch me and there were a few awkward silence.

I asked her to go to dinner after first date drinks she said she got plans. So I kissed her goodbye she didn't express dislike either.

I text her to say look forwArd to next time. She responded she enjoyed chatting with me. I later find out from others satin she is "not feeling it" with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• No and don't you ever do it again. Just because a girl comes to the first date doesn't mean she wants anything sexual with you. She is simply giving you a chance.

However what you did wasn't as inappropriate as grabbing her ass, that's why she didn't slap you

It's really gross from someone you barely know or worse if interest is not musk she probably felt violated

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah definitely not for the first greeting. I usually go with a light hug to start. If you guys really hit it off then maybe to say goodbye, but even then its safer to wait for date no. 2.

What Girls Said 3

• You're overthinking this. If there was awkwardness, then it was a pre-existing condition, prior to the cheek kiss.

If the cheek kiss was a super awkward cheek kiss, then it could have exacerbated any awkwardness that already existed. But, no, it wouldn't CAUSE awkwardness.

• on the cheek is fine. =]

• It has nothing to do with you kissing her cheek... It has more to do with the fact that she just didn't feel any attraction. Don't take it personally and move on. There's a girl somewhere out there who will be insanely attracted to you... I'm sure!

What Guys Said 2

• Bad move dude..!

• That's not a widespread culturally accepted practice among people who KNOW each other in America.