"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Ladies (and guys) - I would like your read on a situation?

Six months ago I met this wonderful girl at school. We had a lot in common, and so I asked her out. She said yes, and we went on a date. I came out strong and kissed her on the first date; she was startled some I could tell. Come time for date numero dos, she writes to me she just got out of a 5 year relationship, has finally found a happy spot, and doesn't want to be involved with anyone for another while. True or not - rejected. I replied no problem and checked out. A few days later, she sends me a gift with a handwritten note wishing me well. I have to admit I did not see that gift coming but okay, maybe that's her way of letting me down gently. I responded with a cheers and that was that. Time to move on.

Fastforward 6 months.

Recently ran into her on the bus of all places. And, turns out we'll both be going to an event next month. I don't post things on FB often. But past two days I posted twice and she 'liked' both of them. For me this is out of the blue, as she's never 'liked' things I posted before, nor I hers.

I like to go by the saying "fool me twice, same on me." Ladies, what's your read on her behavior? Sure, I still have some feelings for her, but don't want to set myself up for disappointment again.

General advice welcome as well :) Cheers.

What Girls Said 1

• Just sit back and enjoy the ride. If she's into you, she needs to be upfront with you. She's the one that turned you down previously so she's gonna need to be the one who starts things back up. If something were to happen it will right before/during/after the event you two are attending.

What Guys Said 0