How come it it seems like you have to be dating someone or you are broken?

I am not dating anyone currently and I am 15 years old and havn't dated anyone before, But everyone that asks me if i'm dating someone seems shocked that I havn't? Why is it that you have to have a significant other or you are broken or damaged or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• People that don't have much going on in their lives feel the need to have someone in their lives to fill in the gaps. If you don't feel that way, then kudos to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Many people are scared to be alone so they find it odd when someone doesn't have a significant other. If you're really pretty they might be shocked thinking you could have any guy you wanted so why be alone. It isn't necessarily that they think something is wrong with you. I've been single for three years and people do the same thing to me. Just say "I am very selective and haven't met anyone who has sparked my interest"

Kendall Jenner, for example, has never really seemed too interested in dating. She hangs out with guys, but doesn't really settle for anyone. Almost every picture I've seen of her has been alone or with friends. Some girls just don't need a man to be happy :)

What Guys Said 2

• Because kids your age are retarded. They cling on to trends like its life and anyone who doesn't conform to them are "weird". Its bullshit.

• Because once a trendy idea gets started, it no longer requires motivation, it only requires momentum.

Basically, because insecure people buy in to stupid ideas sometimes.

What Girls Said 2

• You don't. If you need another person to feel complete, then you have an extremely unhealthy mindset. Such people should not date anyone until they feel fine with being alone. Don't stress about it. And if anyone acts weird about it, just shrug it off and tell them to mind their own business.

• I get those comments too don't worry haha just be single and happy and fuck the haters