Why do I have an urge to date a gang member?

I do not want to date one, but I do want to date one. I wanna date one of those guys who wears blue because it's my favorite color. I don't know why i wanna date one, i just do. It just randomly came to mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're young and dumb...

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh, yeah, I grew up in gangland and I can tell you what's gna happen if you go this route.

Are you ready to DIE if you break up with yr beloved gangbanger boy?
    Yeah, I said die.
    You know how gangs deal with snitches, right? And if you break up with a gangster, it's gna be pretty much assumed that yr a snitch. Just assumed.

If yr gna be stupid and go that route anyway -- hey, I was yr age once, too -- DO NOT let yr "boyfriend" know where you live, EVER. You come to him, or you meet him in neutral places, period. Again, you need a viable exit plan, because it's a very real possibility that people will try to kill you if you break up.

Also, yr gangbanger boy will probably try to knock you up.
    In most gangs, having babies is a status thing. (And don't be stupid and think yr the only one -- having babies by MORE women, is even MORE of a status thing.)
    It's also one of the only ways for gangsters to shirk the call of duty without losing face. In other words, "baby / baby mama needs me" will actually go farther than you think, in terms of being "down" or not having to pound the street quite as much, especially for a younger dude.

... yeah.

So, if that's what you want -- having to watch yr back, knowing that people will want to kill you if you break up, and looking at being one of someone's many babymamas -- then go for it!

What Guys Said 9

• Danger. The appeal of the bad boy to a young girl and nothing more.

Don't worry, the phase will pass... in the meantime, don't act on it.

• You wanna date one of the Crips, eh? And it's probably just a mix of you being young and it being a new experience, as other people said, it's likely just a phase. You don't even sound too sure of it. Stay safe!

• I'm wearing a blue shirt in my pic.. I feel targeted.

• Eh, another "bad boy" type of girl. You're definitely not the only girl who would date that type of guy.

• Nothing new about girl wanting a badbou , especially younger ones who value strength and looks more than other important things

• Go to South Central and see if you still want to date one.

• That is a stupid reason to want to date someone.

• I don't believe that you're a woman, you seems like a stereotyped troll.

• Immature women, attract immature men

• How am I immature? You don't even know me.

• Just sayin'

What Girls Said 3

• From my personal experience, dating a gang member is not anything to wish for. I didn't date one, but I was friends with similar guys and know girls who dated that type of guy. Believe, its not like you see it in movies. Guys like that don't care about you, don't love you, are arrogant and possessive.. They also feel superior to you, since all they care about is strenght, so they only see you as a weak object with big boobs and nice ass. Even if they do love you, they will only make you do messed up sh. t and will make you question whats right and whats wrong, since people often change for someone they love. Gang mambers aren't cool, smart guys (mostly), but are boys who often can't stand on their own so they feel the need to belong to some group to feel secure and be loved (which often lacks in their life in the first place so they are pretty unstable)... Sorry for much stereotypes in here, but I just wanted to let you know what I know from my life.

• What race was the gang member? I am a black girl and am interested in black members. I heard they actually are protective and spoil their girlfriends.

• Not black. But just because you 'heard' it it doesn't mean its true. I think it really depends.

• Nah, can't say I do or would want to- I don't want to have to worry all the time.

• I've never met a gang member, so I can't speak from personal experience... Could it be the thrill of dating someone who seems "dangerous" or trying something new?

• I don't know.. I just find them to be really appealing.

You are pretty by the way.

• @Asker Thank you. ☺

I don't see how dating a gang member would benefit you. One, or both of you could easily lose your lives in situations like that.

• I know, I don't know why I'm attracted to them.