Me and my best friend like the same guy and I don't know what to do?

So I used to be forward with the guy my friend likes to try and encourage my friend to talk to him as she is shy but me and this guy have gotten close and now I've started to like him. I felt so guilty as he's started talking to me and so I told my friend that I like him and she was quite upset. However she hasn't really interacted with him at all and I haven't told her that we're talking. What do I do, as I feel so bad but I do like him?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You walk away. Your friend comes first. If you really care about her you'll respect girl code. I'm sorry, but I don't know what's wrong with girls these days. I would never even question whether I would go for a guy my friend liked, ESPECIALLY if she liked him first. I wouldn't even try to get too close to him because I'm not there to be his bestie. I'll talk to him to help her out, but I won't get close enough that he might start crushing on me. Be a friend. Not an enemy and definitely not competition.

What Guys Said 1

• You could be nice and share him for a while.

What Girls Said 2

• I mean it wouldn't be nice of you to pursue him knowing your friend would be hurt by it, I would stay close, but don't make anything of it until your friend is comfortable, I only say that now because being in high school can be rough especially if your friends are hating on you over boys.

• Well who is the guy interested in?