Have you ever made a fake OKCupid profile?

I did, just to see the difference.

One I used as myself.

The other, a random hot girl off the internet.

In my regular okc, I had about 20 visitors and 0 messages.

In the hot one, I got over 40 messages in 1 hour and an infinite amount of visitors.

Even talking to the same guys was a completely different experience.

In my real profile, they would say "yeah it's real hard to find people on here I'm sure you can relate"

And on the hot girls "andndjsh you are so beautiful what are you even doing here? Are you real? You're so pretty. Wanna go out? MARRY ME"

It's just a real eye opener.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep. I've done a really hot guy before. I made him as stupid as possible. Going like "Yo mah homies. I got dat big dick." Turns out, women are a lot more into that sort of thing when it's an attractive man doing it. He got maybe 10 messages in an hour. That's pretty much like 40 message equivalent to a female, because women typically do not send messages to guys; they read messages they get.

You should do a hot man to see the opposite effect.

Eye opener, yes. Attractiveness is a big priority for men. And women, apparently. The only difference is a woman is more likely to see other qualities as attractive: a high status job, money. To contrast negatives, a man would have no issues dating an attractive woman from the slums. Most women would tilt their head in disdain at dating below their class.

Basically, men want to fuck 85% of the women on the planet; and women want to obtain the best possible man who has the most resources, strength, social connections, and the best various characteristics. She measures this based on the perceived value of herself: what she feels she is worth in resource level. Basically, women look at overall value and productivity in a man's life: his overall value. Men typically only need default attractiveness to be interested.

Ultimately, we are animals seeking the best way to reproduce. For men, that means having sex with as many fertile and healthy (meaning attractive, which is a measure of health, in large part, along with symmetry); whereas, a woman's best way to reproduce is to find the best possible man she can who has the resources and know-how to raise and protect children and herself. Although, both males and females desire diversity. Women aren't monogamous angels, to clarify, otherwise none would cheat. Our instincts are 20,000 years old, after all. According to our instincts, we don't rule the world.

The thing is, it shouldn't have to *be* an eye opener. Everyone should know this. But we delude ourselves and make it all about personality. Attractiveness is important. Resources are important. The end.

Most Helpful Girl

• I got complimented endlessly on my profile , first thing was about my looks.
    It eventually became over flooded with endless messages that I stopped logging in.

This shows how superficial people are.

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah I did, huge eye opener for me. I made a fake account with slightly the same description as my real profile. But, I decided to go find an attractive guys Instagram. His photos were realistic, not model shots. 100% response rate. Even girl messaged me without me having, immediately flirting. I even messaged "hey" to 4 different girls, all responses. I had really cool and open conversations by just being who I would always be. I could have gone on so many dates (well not actually because that'd be me cat fishing). Most the girls I tried to talk to on my old profile doing the same thing, would rarely respond or would stop talking to me.

I had better pictures taken of me for a second try by a friend, but apparently I'm not attractive enough either way. Which I found strange because the girls online were girls I would typically date. It kind of messed up my confidence a bit because I was the same person, and I got to know so many different girls in ways I would have never would on my real profile. But I can't blame girls for wanting to talk to a more attractive guy though. Never did it again after that.

• yeah, I made a fake girl profile once. It was ridiculous. One person said they would kill themselves if I didn't reply to them. I replied with "lol". I read the first few messages, though. About half of them looked like they were using some kind of fill-in-the-blank form or something. I began to wonder how it is that I almost never get replies. Do girls actually like generic compliments? Witty conversation is boring?

• Yes. The only women I've engaged in intellectually stimulating conversation with online are somewhat unattractive. I have a theory that men and women adapt traits based on their attractiveness level. Attractive people already get attention: they don't need any other big personality characteristics, except maybe a bit of social skills. Average looking women have the same, really: they get attention from guys often, only reason they'd pursue more witty or intellectual aspects is if they had bad prospects or consciously wished to maximize their prospects; whereas, average looking men tend to have to put more work in, leading to ambition to become more knowledgeable or sociable, witty, etc. I don't know. Just a thought I've had. I don't know if it's applicable. But it seems like the most attractive people are often the stupidest.

I think women look for flattery more than good conversation, maybe. Generally. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Few times just for observation and analysis purposes.

I never really bother with a serious legit profile as I can't take online dating serious and it just isn't for me.

Besides I figured that would be the only way to not feel let down or dissapointed by not getting any responses when I have Zero serious expectations to begin with.

• Naw man

• Yeah man looks matter lol

• Looks matter for both girls and guys tbh
    So some how we all are liars :P

• Lol that's so funny, I thought about doing the same thing.

• Yes I have.

I pretended to be some hot guy and talked to a girl that I have went on a date with to see what's the situation. He also got like 20+ likes in one day.

I have also pretended to be some girl. She got tons of messages. This is just the the nature of the game. Girls will almost always get a ton of messages.

• No but I did make one on facebook because if the people knew it was me they won't accept me. It was fun going through their photos though and sometimes repeating things or referencing something they said on their walls.

• Of course, what did you expect? Hot girls don't need to go on a dating site, they get hit on all the time, as a profile pic it's the first thing people look at to catch their attention before even checking their stats and about them or looking for

What Girls Said 1

• I made a fake profile on a different website. I pretended I was a gay guy lol
    I noticed I got a lot more attention as a gay guy than my real self, and it didn't have to do with looks or anything because i didn't use pictures for either