How can I comfort my girlfriend as she cries?

Me and my girlfriend were watching a show on the weather channel about tornadoes. She was bored there was nothing else on she wanted to watch it. One of her biggest fears is going through a tornado but thank god we never been through one yet. We see them in movies or on tv in a way she's interested in them and wants to learn about them but then again she gets scared whenever she sees one on tv or hears about one. This episode about a tornado in Indiana next state over from us where a family went through two tornadoes these ones had a family with two young kids they're mother almost got killed by the tornado she lost both of her legs. We never got a tornado where we are. In town yes but not up on the ridge where we live there's too many hills where it can't get to us. She said she feels very safe here she don't wanna live anywhere else. After seeing this she's too scared she said she'll have nightmares tonight. She's in tears just watching it she feels like throwing the remote at the tv. How can I calm her down?

0|0
4|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe try holding her and rubbing her back or something

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hug her and feed her food.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Put on her favorite music and soften the lighting.

0|0
    0|0
  • buy her food

0|0
    0|0
  • You could try to change the channel and hold her until she settles down a bit. But maybe if she gets that upset over them then she shouldn't watch about them.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!