Do you think teenagers can fall in love? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is unusual but it can happen - There are couples who met in school and stayed together for life

Most Helpful Girl

• Puppy love? Sure. Real love? No. Teens don't take the time to get to know each other enough to truly fall in love. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule. I know of/am friends a couple who have been together for 2 years and I know that they love each other. It's not just lust between them. It happens, but it's very rare. Many mistake lust for love.

What Guys Said 9

• Love has no age limit.
    But it's likely that young people confuse love with something else.

Or one could put it in another way.
    We are all born knowing what love is. But life and society has a tendency to make us confused about it or forget.

• I think they're more likely to be infatuated than be in love, but it all depends on the level of emotional maturity.

• Late teens, yeah. But like 13 year olds? Nah. They're just not developed enough for that type of emotion.

• My parents are the main example of that in my life.

• Yeah and adults don't know what love is only people ages 0-17 should have sex everybody else should stop getting laid.

• Usually when people first fall in love. Dat dere teenage love.

• Yes. Biologically, physiologically they are able to.

• Yeah, Sure.

• due to the media and poor parenting, the chances are slim.

What Girls Said 13

• Oh yeah, teenagers are absolutely capable of falling in love. They're capable of developing strong connections and attachments with others.

That being said, immature high school relationships do exist, haha (as do immature adult relationships).

• Absolutely, teenagers are better at falling in love than anyone. Does that mean they're ready for a long term healthy relationship? Usually not, they're are too many important life lessons that have to be learned the hard way first...

• Sure they can.
    However, quite often it's just puppy love.

• they can, but whether or not the love lasts is a different story.

• I think between the ages of 13-16/17 teens are unable to love/not mentally developed enough to really understand what love is. I 'loved' when I was 16/17. Then I loved again, in the truest sense of the word when I was 18/19. There was a huge difference for me between those ages.

• I hate questions like this. There are so many people who think teens are too naive and stupid to have feelings. I, for one, have experienced love and I am a believer in anyone being able to fall in love.

• I think love has no age boundary. No matter how old you are, you can fall in love. It's just that the older you get, the more you 'understand' love.

• Sure, some do.

• Yes, sure they can.

• yes, i think they can. i don't think love is something limited to adults only...

• Sure. But I think a lot of that is sexual desire too.

• Definitely. I think it's an easy time to fall in love.

• I have loved deeply and I am still a teenager.