Should I text him to remind him I exist?

A older guy I met last year asked me out New Year's Eve, he seemed to like me but things hadn't been serious. It's been 2 wks now and I haven't heard anything from him. I texted him the day after our night out to say thanks abd that the last we have spoken. Should I send him a text to remind him of who I am or should I forget him.
The impression I get with this guy is that he wants to keep me on the string. He has already disappeared and come back a couple of times. I always know he's building up to asking me out as his texts become more frequent then as soon as we've met his no longer texts me until 2/3 weeks have passed. Is he wanting me to chase him perhaps?

This guy is early 50s. He is frequently on whatsapp. He did call me in the beginning and then went back to texting
We were intimate once and he wasn't very big and he didn't exactly go for it.
It has crossed my mind that he might have problems in the trouser department. But yes I get that if he's not been in touch for 2 weeks he's not bothered

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should move on. If he can't bother to be consistent, then you shouldn't bother either.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you could send a text just to be sure. Usually people tend to become busy again after the holidays and he might not have realized that 2 weeks have already passed. Just don't expect anything to happen because of it. It could be your last shot. If he doesn't reply or otherwise doesn't make an effort/seems disinterested, then you'll know for sure that you should just move on.

What Guys Said 6

• Text? NO
    Have him over for dinner? YES

• Ok "older" than 36-45 I would say texting is probably going unnoticed. Because anyone over 45 sure as hell isn't into texting.

• If a guy is interested in you, he will call you within 2 weeks.

Because he is ignoring you, you are thinking about him and wanting him.

You think that he must be out partying with all sorts of popular women and has no time for you.
    Have you considered the possibility he might be a little bit gay?
    This is why women often chase guys who are a little bit gay, because they are the guys who don't show much interest.
    Which ironically makes the woman more interested.

• Have you guys done anything sexual yet? Besides kiss

• "btw bro i exist"

• Just takes him as a normal friends, then text it. Just have chats, it's no a big deal

What Girls Said 4

• No. Forget about him - he's not really interested. He might even be married and is cheating on his wife. Move on.

When someone is truly interested in you, they won't play games.

• You shouldn't bother with him. Old age has caught up with him.

• Just text him at least you'll know for your own sake.

• Honestly you're not the only female he deals with.. Drop him girl. You can do better