Are men scared by straightforward women?

I'm a really straightforward person, so I say everything directly. If I want to say something or get answers, I don't drop hints or wait or whatever - I just ask. For example, if an ex starts texting me all of a sudden with compliments, asking to see me, etc. ( after not talking to me for a long time ), my reaction would be "Why are you doing this?" and expecting a clear answer, instead of pretending it's normal, complimenting him back and waiting to see where it goes. And lately I've being wondering if men find this kind of behaviour bad... Do you think guys, in general, would be scared by me, being so straightforward or it would only scare away men, who try to play games with me and leave when they see it won't work?

Most Helpful Guy

• I love it! It is a double edged sword because us guys like to have our ego boosted every once in awhile but at least there is no bullshit or talking in code with a straight forward girl! Look for someone like me in your local area. He's probably debating if brown and black matches right now!

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep on keepin' on.

I mean... you write like you have a choice in the matter. LOL I have zero chance of ever being able to succeed with dissimulation, ever.

In any case, I'm like you, and my life has turned out pretty sickeningly awesome so far.

• hahha yeah, same here

• In any case, the answer to the question at the end of yr paragraph is "The latter". (:

Doesn't help that I'm 6'8"-6'9" in the shoes I usually wear, either. LOL I am just most overwhelming pony. That, and, no shutoff valve, lmao. MUST HAVE BOTH SIDES OF CONVERSATION AT SAME TIME.

The only thing wrong with scaring away the game-players is... I like playing games! Yes I do. I'm one of those constant annoying "challenge" people. Ya know.

But I got my worthy opponent 4 lyf <3

What Guys Said 15

• I wouldn't say scared is the right word. It just comes off as rude being asked why you complimented someone. Neither gender can be that straightforward and not upset most people. Just like most guys can't walk up and tell a girl he wants to have sex without her getting offended. When someone doesn't follow these social norms then that is seen as a failing on their part. That isn't intimidating, it is just seen as rude in most cases.

• just like the absolute truth... most guys can't handle you. but truly honest guys will find you a catch...

• No not all, I think many would respond to it well. Men tend to prefer direct so I think it will serve you well when communicating with men.

• I think most men aren't afraid.

• see...
    almost all men prefer straightforward girls because despite how much truth hurts, it usually creates better bonding than anything. i would be quite fortunate to have a straightforward girl in my life. the only problem that occurs is that sometimes your kind tends to just say something so bluntly that it becomes rude. like if you find your friend asking about her new dress and you think it's horrible, instead of saying 'it doesn't suit you' the statement that comes out is 'you look really horrible'. that should be avoided. otherwise guys in general will surely like you.

• LOL, most men complain about all the INDIRECTION that women use. Some direct talk would be a breath of fresh air, to me.

You wouldn't scare me. I despise the "games." I can handle hard truth and cold facts, and plain speech.

In fact, the moment I even SMELL a mind game it's OVER, FOREVER.

• I much prefer directness from women. I just wish that more of them would be straightforward and not beat around the bush. :-/

• no its just where told to lie, too make a women happy instead of telling her the truth, so a straight forward women is weird to us and can put us off, I've had to learn to be SF to women I still don't do it all the time but I try to remind myself

• This is healthier behavior than normal and many guys would appreciate it.

• I think it's great. so tired of thinking about what does it really mean behind the language

• No, but sometimes people can take their rules about being honest a bit too serious.

• Not bad but kinda rude. It's just human behavior and not many girls are straight forward. So we're not used to it. But there's no problem with being straight forward honestly.

• I guess some are scared, but I wish more women were straightforward.

• Yeah I would be scared you would tell me the truth but it's actually a good thing

• People find directness intimidating and off-putting, mostly because they don't know their own mind and don't like being confronted with the fact. It befuddles them.

What Girls Said 2

• some are intimidated, some find it a turn on. depends.

• depends on the guy i think, but i do think it's benefit shy guys, you'll save a lot of time for them to figure out whatever you're thinking lolz