Can guys find popular girls intimidating?

Would guys hesitate to ask out a girl they have a feeling likes them all though she's popular and he's nerdy.. would he stills ask 0R probably not?

• Intimidated
  • Probably ask out
  • Will bid time

Most Helpful Guy

• Havn't been in HS for a long time. When I was I could have cared less if they're popular or not. Girls care much more about the social status of a guy instead of vice versa I think.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's pretty common. It's probably the same the other way around. When you're younger you're often intimidated by the "popular" clique. It's high school.

What Guys Said 23

• i don't think the girls are intimidating but their popularity may be. you may wonder if they would only want to date other "popular" people. but it never stopped me from asking anyone out

• Popularity should have nothing to do with their feelings towards someone... if the girl is what he likes then he will ask her out.

I was never intimidated, but most of the real popular girls were more interested in being popular rather than finding a decent guy, so they were not not my style anyway.

I did like this one girl in high school and she thought she was to good for me... I shrugged it off and went out with one of her friends that did not have a chip on her shoulder. All of sudden she saw me in a different light. She came on to me at parties and it was like not a chance hoe. I was glad that I chose her friend instead of her!

• Yeah def, the under 18 year old version of consultant was afraid of hot girls, popular girls lol

• So how does one make them feel that he would not be rejected?

• And invite him things with you, I know that's pretty bold. But it is likely to work I think

• But I'm popular and talk to everyone out of my way lol so won't he still think I'm treating him normal and not extra special

• back in high school sure.

• I voted A.

I can only speak for myself and I would be more hesitant to ask out a popular girl as I could be made a laughing stock if she said no or made fun of me for it.

• Some guys are intimidated by all sorts of positive qualities in other people - popularity, intelligence, athleticism, beauty. Young guys are especially prone to shyness in that way. There are great young guys who lack the confidence to ask attractive girls for dates. If you know a guy like that, you may have to ask him yourself.

• But that's out of the question guys should ask out

• Yes, they should. But some great guys lack confidence because of they way they were raised. They'll grow out of it eventually but it may be worth it for you to reach out if there's a guy you like.

• When I was less mature, asking a girl out was intimidating. Her being popular was irrelevant. If anything, they didn't appeal to me because they are unmistakably high-maintenance. But, typically, the nerdy guy will be intimidated by the popular girl and will not ask her out unless extraordinary circumstances make it convenient to do so; and even when that happens there is no guarantee.

• There surely are a few guys like this.

Personally I couldn't care less and if a girl is really content on staying popular that rather puts her lower than other girls than making her above in my view.

• Why though its not like you can help being popular people just like you and know you what's the biggie

• There are plenty of shallow people who are popular because they act and pretend in certain ways. But yes, there are also those who are simply popular because they are generally liked.

• If a girl calls herself popular I would never ask her out xD

Honestly if she were part of that clique she'd have to approach me

• Yes, popularity may be even more intimidating than good looks.

• "Popular" is another word for bitch. I steer clear.

• Popular dear friend is when someone is quite liked by all and has many friends. popular girls are portrayed as bitches in movies but its not like that in real life. No one gets away with a bi _tchy attitude

• I suggest you stop watching chick flicks 😂

• I went to high school. I've never seen a chick flick.

• you gotta understand when humans group up we get dumber
    so a bunch of hot girls standing in a circle is a death trap

• Nope, popular girls are intimidated by me!

• Probably 20% chance that he would ask.

• Not likely.

• Guys are only intimidated by popular girls if they're lacking confidence to a pathetic degree.

• Not necessarily. That's just something women tell themselves.

• yeah, when i was 16 lol

• You mean you never asked out any girl at 16?

• i did, but i was just intimidated by the "pretty popular" girls at that age for no reason. no i dont give a fuck

• Popular girls got too much goin on and are too busy entertaining their fans.

• Yes especially if their extremely attractive

• In high school yeah, most guys will be.

• Asking popular girls out is a loss of time and energy.

• Y? whyyyy

• Popularity isn't a guarantee for quality but it's nearly a guarantee for being spoiled and cocky and high maintenance.

• Yeah. Being a "popular girl" is more or less sectioning off a group of guys from your potential boyfriend count anyway.

What Girls Said 2

• In high school, it seemed like most people found the popular kids intimidating or they resented them. I think a nerdy guy would find a popular girl very intimidating even if she was seemingly kind.

• Interesting... It seems most guys would be intimidated.
    That's good to know :P