Why do really gorgeous girls always have a hard time dating?

I just remember about a year or two ago I had a gorrrrrgeous friend and goodness gracious her dating life was a car crash. She was such a humble, good person too which made me wonder why there was always a problem with the guys and always a new guy and I just looked at myself and I was in a great relationship and never had a bad dating experience (I have since then though). So I just thought how can I, a potato, be with a great guy and not her who was so beautiful.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my experience attractive girls are the worst to date. Although I am told by my senses that I want to date the most attractive girl, the most attractive girl 9 times out of 10 is corrupted by the number of guys around her. If she has 10 super desperate guys waiting to date her she doesn't need to worry about being nice, or dressing well, she doesn't need to worry about being a good person, because she has 10 guys wanting to date her. So because of this she becomes the biggest b-tch in the world and goes through guys faster then I go through tires on my rally car. That is her downfall, she becomes so used to getting asked out by guys (mostly shallow stupid guys, because those are the type of guys that will wait in line for an attractive girl) that she forgets that there are other, better types of guys out there, and she forgets that in order to get those better guys you actually have to try. Unfortunately attractive women also become lazy and just sit there and take what they can get, so they could go ask out the equally attractive guy that is in med school, or she could just take that average guy who asked her out last week. One doesn't take any effort, so she just goes with that because, why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol did you just call yourself a potato?😆 girl you aren't a potato, I'm sure you're a peach

Anyway, gorgeous girls are often seen as trophies. A lot of men don't take the time to see her personality. They generalize her as hot girl they wanna fuck. Some guys are even low key hostile to gorgeous girls and think of them as stuck up bitches. I guess they are so insecure of possible rejection by a fine girl that they objectify them before they can get ignored or rejected by her. Or they are stuck in high school mode and assume she only dates hot popular guys and would overlook them so they don't try

What Guys Said 17

• They have a hard time dating "decent" guys. Most of the time it's the not so decent guys who has the confidence to even talk to really gorgeous girls

• Cause she probably didn't let nice guys date her.

• i know who this is... there's only one girl that describes herself as a potato around here

• The best way I can summarize it would be that if you don't see yourself as, or know you are not, as attractive as some of your other friends and they are struggling with dating while you are golden, I'd believe it to be because the person you found you met not based solely on looks but also on who they are on the inside just as they did the same for you. Your friend is struggling because they have the looks that everyone wants and by everyone I mean good and bad people. From this you can imagine that the people she has tried to date are not dating her/him for who they are on the inside but rather what they look like on the outside, and that is why the relationship would never work in the first place. That friend of yours needs to stop dating for a bit and just make more friends of the opposite sex. Let her see how they act and maybe in time she will developed feelings for them not for their looks but for who they are on the inside, and that so called friend would probably die to be with you friend if they already are friends of the opposite sex and your friend is as hot as you say she/he is.

• Girls tend to think with their genitals, but the more homely ones are bound by realistic sexual market dynamics.

Gorgeous girls can get, if only for a brief spell, pretty much anyone they want. But, what they want is "candy for dinner, every single night," and on the authority that their looks give them, they get it. Then they "get sick."

• well, I'm not a cocky guy or anything like that, I'm humble, modest, good person. I've been told I'm handsome, been told by several people I'm an attractive guy…I'm 25, and a virgin. chances/opportunities I've had, but none that was interested in…the 3 i was interested in and were interested in me…EVERYTHING just went wrong.

so, i kind of understand where she's coming from…i couldn't get a girlfriend to save my life.

• What about her dating experience was a "car crash"?

• because she keeps making bad dating choices

• because guys that go after them usually tend to be more likely just wanting to get in her pants.

• Sometimes looks can attract the wrong people even though the girl has a good heart.

• Because there aren't any that many tall jacked athletic dudes whod match their standards lol

• she's probably fine now so no worries

• To some people they may seem too slutty maybe

• Because they generally don't put any effort into asking guys out.

• Well i guess, thats the result of social media.
    Most guys seem to look all macho, charismatic, intelligent, funny etc...
    But IRL they all lack those specific things, they become their real selves and those are boring beings they are.

Cause still thats the answer to a lot of weird relations today. People complain he is ugly, he is that.
    But what is left when all the handsome boys are fuck boys who got nothing but some cheesy internet pick up lines and were raised on twitter.

• Gorgeous girls have very high standards, so their dating pool is generally lowered to a very small group of guys. These guys can be really good, but if you have a small dating pool it's hard to find good guys.

What Girls Said 7

• There are a few reasons
    1) that pretty girl may have emotional issues that freaks her partner out
    2) she is pretty, and knows it, therefore making her less attractive
    3) she's the beautiful innocent type who guys take advantage of, which results in her getting hurt
    4) she's just so beautiful, and guys expect her to be already taken.
    5) she just hasn't met the right type of guys yet

• She is accepting the love she thinks she deserves. She is dating the wrong kind of people.

And you're a beautiful potato ok

• Well guess it isn't always about looks
    I'm a damn potato like can we switch places xD no guy wants me

• Hey.. potatoes like me can be single too.. lol

• Im not sure, Im a very attractive girl, probably a 10/10 and i dont get approached often, well not really any

• A lot of guys/girls are intimidated by beauty. So a lot of times there is no interaction.

• Really cute girls looks can be intimidating and a guy would be scared to approach her or ask her