Has your preference in Girls/Guys changed as u gotten older?

I was having a conversation with my mom and she was talking about how as u get older what u want in a man changes. She said, "What u want at 16, isn't what u want at 20 & what u want at 20 isn't what u want at 30 or 40?"

Which makes since cuz as we get older we grow and change. We act & think differently, we want different things for ourselves, such as in careers, hobbies, relationships, & etc.

Do you think your preference in Girls or Guys has changed since you've gotten older? I'm not just talking about looks, I'm saying qualities & personality traits as well. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really.

If anything I probably want a submissive woman more now then when i was young and couldn't handle the responsibility of being dominant. But that's not so much a change in what i want as what i was comfortable with.

Beyond that? I had really low standards when young, because i had so little dating experience, who was i to say 'no' to any girl who was sort of cute and liked me? I didn't realize how many girls would like me (not most, but a small percent of the billions out there ;) ) and that i should be saying no and looking for the things i wanted, and -expecting them-.

• So now u have plenty of dating experience and want to be the dominate one then? Lol Ur not going to pull a Christian grey from Fifty shades of grey are u? Haha jk ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeeees I used to like Emo guys haha when I was 13
    -When I was younger than 11: I used to like blonde guys lol, I grew up in the middle east, so I would usually crush on the 1 blonde guy of the class
    www.ukhairdressers.com/.../LongBlondeBoy6.jpg
    - When I was 13: I started liking emo Guys:
    www.prettydesigns.com/.../...irstyles-for-Boys.jpg
    - Then 13-15 : I liked Guys with long hair, "Pretty boy" stereotype
    www2.pictures.zimbio.com/.../...d+ZSAyEJx3Vofl.jpg
    - Then from 16 and up I started liking brown haired guys and darker guys, manly and with beards and stuff.
    ar.cdn01.mundotkm.com/.../...2341_1430886966_o.jpg

• Just curious and I don't mean to be offensive either. Why do you and other girls who like all these guys like them? I look at the first 2 especially and they just scream androgynous asexual pussy to me. I can't understand what girls see in them. The first ones hair looks like Mrs. Brady from the Brady bunch. I would think girls like more masculine men. I truly don't understand. Can you help me understand the appeal?

• Now I like men who are kind of dark, with dark hair and eyes, beard , manly and muscles 😍😍😍😊

• Sound good to me! Haha ;) U go girl! :)

What Guys Said 14

• Not really. Only things that have changed at my age is I'm fine with it if she has kids, and women aren't wine. They don't get better looking with age, so my standards are slightly lower, but still high for my age.

• Oh okay then. If u don't mind me asking, how come ur standards have been lowered?

• You're welcome. Best of luck to you.

• Thank you! :)

• Not really, no. Even as a teenager I liked smart, kind girls; girls who were sweet but also had some crazy buried somewhere in there. LOL

As for physical tastes, I can honestly say that I've never had much of a type, so there's not much room for evolution there. I've always generally liked brunettes or dark hair, shorter than 6', lively feminine voices, and nice eyebrows.

• Okay awesome :) eyebrows? lol I never heard of guys caring about eyebrows but cool. :)

• Haha yeah it's a little unconventional, I'll admit. I just LOVE when their eyebrows are nicely shaped but not overworked. There's nothing worse than a nice looking girl with faux-brows.

• Hahaha okay I see ur point. :) I have a thing for guys with nice eye brows, so I can understand what your saying. :)

• In high school I wanted a hot girl with big tits and a nice ass who'd put out.

Now, I want a hot girl with big tits, a nice ass who'd put out but also is responsible, isn't a bitch, and knows how to cook and take care of me emotionally and physically.

• Ditto for me.

• Gone is the day of Mac n cheese and TV dinners nightly for dinner. (The batchlor diet). I like good food as anyone does. When a girl cooks for me she just told me "I love and care for you." I don't want you to tell me you love me, fucking show me. A good start is with good sex frequently. That says I love you, but a fucking pan of walnut brownies says I care and I'm glad your my man, let me take care of you, you worked hard all fucking day. That's right about when the girl will start getting flowers for no reason and those diamond earrings she wanted for her birthday and love notes left on the bathroom counter for her to find and shit like that. I think most guys are like this. We're pretty simple no, means no so don't fucking nag, feed us, fuck is good and often, and don't be a critical bitch about everything and we're happy.

• @Knuckles77: Lol that was a lot to digest, but okay cool I got it! :) A lot of it makes since. Also, I dont blame u for wanting to have someone cook for u & make u chocolate chip cookies, i want that too haha. ;) I didn't know that mac'n cheese was the Bachelor diet, guess I have a name for one of my favorite meals now. Guess I got to make sure my boobs are propt up & look good, do some squats for my booty & cook haha! :) I like that guys are simple :) but all fun aside, thanks for taking the time to explain it to me, I learned a lot. :)

• Yes as I got older I have gone more and more for personality

• Okay cool. :) What was ur type as a teenager and young adult?

• That sounds good - Plenty of time when you are less busy to meet up with the right guy

• Yeah true, thank you! :)

• Yes it sure has and that's called evolving :)

• Haha yeah true. :) what did u like before & what do u currently like now?

• ha ha ha I knew that query was coming around :D

Well of what that can be seen and perceived is that I am generally a helpful person who seldom says no to people (but if I have to I will), I tend to be chivalrous and well mannered, I don't mind getting my hands dirty in the kitchen or garage but yet I tend to be authoritative and confident, I know my way around and how to get work done blah blah. It so happens that girls tend to think I'm bf/husband material and when these girls tend to clash (the other girl may well be my girlfriend or wife) for no apparent reason as I see it.

Like heck there are times I realize from my girl (and erstwhile ones) that I've been flirting 'indirectly' with someone I haven't even seen or noticed ha ha ha

• Lol okay I see.

• Unless you're one of those people who never grow up, your tastes change a lot. I used to be attracted to super feminine girls with all the drama and emotionality and cuteness concerns. As an older adult I am more attracted to intelligent thoughful women. My physical tastes have changed too of course.

• You make a valid point, I agree. :) lol I don't know why but I like how u described ur previous type "super feminine girls with all drama, emotionality, & cuteness concerns". Haha guess I never heard someone describe it in that way. How has ur physical taste changed? From bimbo to plain jane lol just kidding. :p

• I think so, and I intend to work to keep it so.

• Okay awesome, hope u get her. :)

• I guess so. I don't recall ever thinking too hard about relationships until my first sexual partner so I guess those people who I had relationships with were just people with whom they worked with at the time.
    Recently, due to more and different experiences, I've become clearer in what core things I am looking for in a partner. Looks are not as important as inward qualities but I don't disregard them either. Inwards>Outwards.
    That's something that's become clearer for me over time.

• Okay awesome, thank u for ur answer. :) So u never really thought about relationships before ur 1st sexual partner, was it cuz u weren't interested in relationships at the time or only looking for hook ups?

• Well neither, I was just going with the flow I guess. Prior to my first relationships I had moved around a lot so a lot was new to me at the time

• Okay I see, make since. :)

• Very much so. When I was younger I was very idealistic, and wanted to find a nice girl and settle down get married and have kids. Now that I am older I have seen more and I have realized that that kind of thing really isn't for me and I don't want to get married or have kids and I am more interested in a companion to have fun with and go on trips without ever really giving up my independent lifestyle.

• I'm more about a personality now. I still want to find her attractive but a woman whose bland or has no depth will no longer cut it.

• Yeah I don't blame you, agreed. :) what else do u look for besides personality?

• Yes. I used to be into blond. I still like blond but I like dark hair and skin more nowadays. Can't explain why.
    Personality wise I can't say. I just like someone or I don't.

• Okay cool. :) Do u mean by skin, showing more cleavage & leg? Haha :)

• No, I mean a tanned or dark skin.

• Oh hahaha I see. I read it wrong, I just saw skin & thought the complete opposite lol my bad. :) And okay cool :)

• Yeah as a kid I wanted a wife and kids. Now I just want a life partner, eventually. I value being laid back and smart more.

• Yes, when I was younger I wanted older, and now that I'm older I want younger.

• Haha really interesting. I never known a guy who likes older women when he was younger. How older & younger are we talking about? Lol

• When I was a teenager I had the hots for a lot of 20, 30-somethings, even some 45ers. Now I'm interested in 18-22ish, but could go lower, depending on who, and it being legal.

• Oh okay I see lol. :)

• Yes when I was younger I thought I wanted a relationship with a nice girl. Now I just hookup with random sloots and I'm much happier.

• Yeah when I was like a middle schooler I wanted the stereotypical big boobs, small waist, big ass girls. Then once outta HS I liked redheads the most. Now? Now I don't think I really have any strict preferences.

• Haha yeah those preferences are normal for middle school to high school guys. :) maybe even as adults lol. Are u still really into redheads?

• No. Do I like redheads? Yeah, but I like all hair colors now. My preferences are rather open now.

• Okay cool. :)

What Girls Said 11

• It has changed a bit over the years, yeah.

The more relationship experience I have, and the more I learn about myself and grow, the more I realize what I actually want in a long term partner.

Some things I value now that I've gotten older:
    - someone who shares the same goals in life as me (having our own careers, marriage, starting a family, etc.)
    - someone who does not smoke
    - someone who has the same sense of humor as me (it's so important to be able to laugh with each other!)
    - someone who has at least some of the same interests as me
    - someone who is loyal, caring, and affectionate
    - and, most importantly, someone who I could be best friends with

When I was in high school, I couldn't care less about a guy's long-term goals in life or his drug use.

• Those are really good things to value! :) I agree with each one. :) Yeah I think maybe high school girls are more attracted to the good looks & the idea of having a boyfriend so much, that u could care less about anything else. Lol maybe I could be wrong lol. What Do u think? And Thank you for ur great answer. :)

• I agree with you!

• Okay cool. :)

• Ok, so I started scrawling notebooks full of lurid salacious filthy fantasy stories when I was about 10 or 11. Over the years, I filled a whole big pile of them. Gave 'em all to my husband, once he put that ring on me.

Just looked through one of the earliest ones, from when I was 11 years old...

... Nope. Exactly the same. Like, totally exactly the same. Except now my fantasy man has very specific physical features, since I see him every day of my life. (The male anti-hero in my stories typically has a body -- and oh, what a body -- and eyes, but not much of a defined face beyond that.)

Completely exactly the same.

Except, wow, I was a crappy writer back then. LOL

• That's cool u found some of your old writings :) Its good way to look back on memories lol. :) Is your husband the same type of guy u liked that u wrote about in your books?

• He was exactly the anti-hero I'd fantasized about, for all those years.

• Haha that's awesome, I'm happy for u! :)

• Um... there have been minor changes. I've mostly stayed the same though. But I always was on the hunt for marriage material. I never went through the bad boy/dangerous guy phase.

The physical/personality traits I've sought have been mostly the same.

• Some girls go through a phase like that. I've always been of the opinion most girls want a bad good boy if that makes any sense. I know some like bad boys only, but this is a phase for some? Why dangerous guys? That seems... well... fucking stupid. When does the phase end? When she's knocked up, he says it ain't his problem and bails and she's arrested with his 8 ball he put in her jacket pocket? In other words it ends when no decent guy wants her anymore because she's a moron?

• Not at all. Made perfect sense.

• Yes. They have changed drastically. When I was about 15 1/2 I use to like those guys who were bad asses. Liked to hang out and do illegal shit and was really popular in our neighborhood for being a juvenile delinquent. When I was 18 I wanted a guy who would take me to dances and show me off like a shiny new toy. Kind of something like those relationship goal memes on social media. Now, at 20, I want a man who has long and short term goals. A nice life plan for himself, very independent and well mannered. Someone I can have an intellectual conversation.

• Yeah makes since, a lot of young girls were like that. :) Have u found the type of guy u want now at 20? :)

• Yes. I prefer the older and experienced. A guy who is a family man and who respects his parents. I feel a man who doesn't respect his mother doesn't respect any woman. I'm very big on intelligence (with me being a Sapiosexual and all 😏😂). I need him to have goals in life and also attempt if not achieve them.

• You make a good point about eveything lol. :) Also, That's a really good point about how if a man doesn't respect his mother, he won't respect any women. You know what u want, u go girl. Haha :)

• True. My tastes have changed. When I was 12 I used to like guys around 15-18. Now that I'm 16 I don't find them longer attractive. I prefer guys in their mid twenties.

I didn't know I was into girls... Well, I didn't want to admit it lol

I used to care about looks too much, I do now too but a bit less.

I liked a good sense of humor more than any other quality but now I do realize I also like intelligent people.

• Yeah, I think all of us girls went through the whole looks was eveything & liking older guys when growing up, so ur not alone. :) lol. But as we get older personality does become more important, same with guy.

I like a good sense of humor & intelligence too. :) Thanks u for ur answer. :)

• Thanks to you!

• What I wanted at 16 was someone that made me feel pretty and mature.

What I wanted at 18 was someone who valued fun and taking it easy.

What I wanted at 20 was someone I could at least imagine myself having a future with.

What I want now is someone that I can live with, rather than take care of. A man that can pull his weight, looks forward rather than back and is ready to buckle down and sacrifice if the time calls for it. Emotional stability, a good head on his shoulders. Caring, understanding. Now I'm just describing my man.

• I totally agree, same here. :) I really like how you broke down ur answer and explained what u wanted at each age. :) Thanks for ur answer & honesty. :) Have u found a guy that meets some of the criteria u want now?

• I have! We're actually thinking about marriage now!

• OMG, that's great, I'm happy for u! :)

• Yes it has.
    My preference was very embarrassing when I was in high school. I liked that "skater/emo" look hahahaha. I'm glad I grew out of that. lol

• Haha its okay, I'm sure u weren't alone. :) I use to really like the long or short flipped hairstyle guys would do, I think skaters did it too lol. Like how zac efron in high school Musical had his hair lol.

• What's wrong with skaters?

• Yeah definitely! I'm going to be 21 soon and I know the kind of guy I really kinda want! At 15 I wanted the skater guy,16-17 I wanted preps, and 18-19 I wanted athletes! But now I have a better idea

• Well, happy early birthday :) And yes lol, I liked those types of guys too when I was 15-18 lol. That's great u know what u want, I hope u find the type of guy u want. :)

• kinda but more like i got pickier and pickier

• Haha I understand, we have to be picky to a certain extent to find the right guy. :) Thank u for ur answer. :)

• It changed a bit but not much

• That's cool, what type do u currently like now? :)

• Mature nice guys who respect girls and have a sense of humor. I use to like players though

• Okay great :) I think all of us girls have liked our share of players, so don't feel bad. Lol :) its cuz usually players are really cute, thats why there so appealing. Lol Darn those players lol smh

• Not really, in terms of physical aesthetics I still have no preference. As I have gotten older, I realize what I want more out of a partner and things that are deal breakers. So that has changed, yes.

• Okay great, thank u for ur answer. :) What's your number one deal breaker? lol

• Thank you, and same to you! :)

• Your welcome & Thank you! :)