Who is at fault in this scenario: the girl or the guy?

Scenario: a guy and a girl are at a bar and the girl is slightly drunk. The guy lies to her and says that he's a celebrity, let's say George Clooney for example. Incidentally he happens to look something like him. The girl believes him and has sex with him because she thinks he’s the real deal. In the morning the girl sobers up and realizes that he is not George Clooney and is furious. But who's to blame for her feeling this way?

0|0
11|2

Most Helpful Girl

• How drunk did she have to be to believe that. Why would she have sex with you just because you're famous. I feel like there are faults on both sides

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Who is at fault in this scenario: the girl or the guy?
    In my opinion the guy is at fault as he lied and intentionally manipulated her. And to me the gal is at fault for believing anything a male and actually thinking males are capable of being trustworthy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they're both stupid idiots.

What probably matters a lot more than my opinion, though, is the opinion of the penal system.
    If that's the California penal system, the guy is guilty of rape. Penal Code 261(a)(5), look it up with yr own eyes.

(That law used to apply only to someone pretending to be the husband of a married woman, but they changed it because of some dude who snuck into an 18-yr-old's room pretending to be her boyfriend.)

0|0
    0|0
  • both are idiots

2|1
    0|0
  • Herself...

0|1
    0|0
  • Him for lying, her for getting herself into a situation like that

1|0
    0|0
  • Both. He manipulated her and her for consenting to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • YOU!!!

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • You're pretty wise for a 16 year old.

• thanks and u too

• The guy because he lied when he know the girl is drunk.
    Bar and made for being drunk

0|0
    0|0
  • The guy is at fault cuz he protrayed to be something he's not. Plus, she wasent in her right mind to be fully aware of that fact he wasent who he said he was, So he basically took advantage of the fact she was drunk & believed the lie enough to sleep with him. Overall, it's misleading and just wrong. A gentleman won't lie & always waits until the womans sober enough, so she can make decisions on what she wants to do.

0|1
    0|0
  • The guy for lying.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• she's to blame for sleeping with someone solely cuz they're a celebrity.

0|1
    0|0
  • Their own fault for being stupid enough to fall for it

0|0
    0|0