How far should a first date go?

I've been talking to this guy that graduated from my high school and we decided to go out this weekend. I'm just wondering how far a first date should go. Like physically (hug, kiss, hold hands, etc.)

0|0
4|14

Most Helpful Guy

• There are people who have sex on a first date and there are people who do not even hold hands on a first date.

1. I don't recommend having sex on a first date (or second or third date) unless you are just looking for sex.

2. If this is a blind date, you should not feel obligated to even hold his hand.

3. If you already know this guy and you feel some attraction to him, a normal degree of affection on a first date would be something between holding hands at some point during the date and having one good night kiss at the end of the date. The kiss could be a kiss on the cheek or on the lips but very rarely would I anticipate a slobbery kiss on a first date. That is what I would expect from a girl who deserves my respect.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe a hug and holding hands. Leave him wanting more. ;) Keep a little mystery.

1|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 13

• as far as you two are comfortable with consenting.

1|2
    0|0
  • Well it all depends, if you can set a limit all fine. The essence of dating is to know each other, and there is no end to knowing each other even after marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ummm 😐
    Like 1.5miles would be enough :P lol jk
    It depends on both of your feelings towards each other and what do you think about him and what he thinks about ya

0|0
    0|0
  • NO SEX. NO TOUCHING INAPPROPRIATELY. First Date = Hug Goodbye
    Second Date = Kiss if he encourages it Third Date = Sex if you are up to it, otherwise remain at the kissing phase until you feel prepared. If he at all rushes you, then either create distance or leave him.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. They can go all the way sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its relative. Most people agree that first dates should not include a threesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only you can answer that. Just see how the date goes. I'd say a hug wouldn't be out of the question.

0|0
    0|0
  • As far as the two on it want it to go

0|0
    0|0
  • holding hands

0|0
    0|0
  • a kiss is perfect.
    I like your 'etc.' by the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever you feel comfortable doing. It's completely up to you and the other person. Hugging is the absolute most I would ever do personally.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should probably remove the "in a relationship" status

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say keep it minimal just give me just enough to want more

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 3

• I dont think anything more than a hug and a kiss on the cheek. if it went REALLY well then a small kiss on the lips

0|0
    0|0
  • As much as the two of you are comfortable. The only reason I would not go further than kissing is because you do not know him well enough and the other way around to know whether you have stds

0|0
    0|0
  • How far do you wanna go?

Go with what your comfortable with

0|0
    0|0