Would you marry after a month of relationship?

If you found your dream soulmate in all details

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 29

• Hell no. I don't know how some people get married so quickly. It's probably a big part of why the divorce rate is so high. You get married before the shine wears off of someone and then two, three years down the line you realize you can't stand this asshole, haha. Plus there's the kids dynamic, that changes a lot, from what I've witnessed anyway. I was watching a Louis CK standup last night and he said something to the effect of: "Before you have kids, you have a relationship, and you work on it, and try to strengthen it and fix it. Then you have a kid and it's like " Wow, this little person came from me, it's got my DNA, this is my number one priority in life...", then you look at the other person like "... and I don't even know THIS asshole, who the fuck are you?"" But kids or none, I can't even imagine how we're expected to make a supposed lifelong commitment to someone if you haven't known them for 5-10 years, minimum. I've thought people were the best since indoor plumbing for periods of time, and then one day, not even for a solid reason, probably just an accumulation of idiosyncrasies, suddenly I can't stand to even be around you, let alone have a relationship. Put it this way: if I married every girl I was all head over heels for in the first months, I'd have like 20 ex-wives.

• But 5 years is too much 😑 I'll expect less than a year since I'm virgin waiting after marriage

• Thank you for explaining well. i feel it's too risky losing my virginity in someone might be player so he will leave me non virgin to someone will think I slept with 10... really it's safer to wait till marriage... TRUE I'll discuss with him what to expect in sex after marriage that's good idea to reduce fears than regert having sex... trust me "porn kills love fight for love" if I give it to a guy he will think I'm easy &I have no control so I would cheat on him. If I need handscuff it's ok to tell him what he would do if we married. I always need to prove being virgin is not a stamp that I'm sexually boring Im cool it's my personality. Boring sexually most have boring personality. U can notice them from the way they talk. I believe in sex after marriage while I feel cool active and love actions. (Virgin or Non Virgin boring are boring) so I'm in a rush cuz my dad want me bride soon I promise all I need is a real man If he is not romantic i don't care...

• "But 5 years is too much I'll expect less than a year since I'm virgin waiting after marriage"

Only one way sexual repression ruins your life, among many.

• Too soon to tell if he/she is your soulmate. Sure I can see people getting married to their SO, but these people has a history shared (e. g., childhood friends or situation-related). Some rushes into marriage saying he/she found their soulmate and get married too quickly only to hear a couple of years that they've been divorce... so I asked them, "Didn't you tell me he/she was your soulmate?"

• A month? No damn way! That's too short a time period to know someone on a level needed to get married!

• Yes if the signs are all clear.

• Yes. Marriage is always the end goal for me.

• No, I never want to get married in my lifetime.

• Not a chance. Even 1 year isn't enough time.

• If I've found my dream soulmate, then they'd share my opinion that it's too early. We'd be soulmates, after all, right? So there should be no problem at all to just date for a few years and then get married if we even want to get married at all. Some people prefer not to be legally married.

• Just no. Not even 3 years would cut it.

reactiongif.org/.../...Cleese-Monty-Python-GIF.gif

• But ur 27 !! So u get married in 30? Don't u want to be close age to ur kids?

• I know. But that's just one of the myriad of reasons I don't want to have kids anyway.

As for marriage, I already throwed the towel as well. Basically, I'd have to find the perfect girl for me this year, and one who gives me many reasons to trust her and to fully compromise which I'n not keeping my hopes up for.

Doesn't mean I have stopped dating, but I'll die rich and alone as far as I know, and I'm okay with it.

• Highly unlikely, but not completely out of the question.

In general, when I know I want something badly I'm willing to buck convention to get it.

• No 😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐

• One month is too soon to know every thing about the person

• That's way to fast. You've only just scratched the surface as far as personality, problem handling, stress, etc. You don't truly know someone after a month.

• That seem rather impulsive yeah?

• Only a month? no way a year minimum preferably 2 years at least a month is just way to little time.

• No. She'll still be there in a year or two if she's truly my soul mate so there's no need to rush into marriage

• One of the details of my dream soulmate is that she wouldn't allow a marriage to take place between us, for my sake.

• "Hell to the no! Norbit is out of here! It will be after a long time of hell that a man sucks a poison out of another man's ass!"

I don't know why I put that there but, nope... LOL.

• Fuck no, I wouldn't even marry after just a year.

• Only in Las Vegas.

• Damn! A month is short to even make a good 'just friend'.

• no that is way to soon

• no... I don't think I can fully know a person after only 1 month

• 5 years minimum

• Never. Only drugged.

• i've thought everyone was 'the one' in the first few months.

every single one.

• No I wouldn't don't believe that's enough time at all

• No sorry

• Need at least 6 months

What Girls Said 25

• No. There is absolutely no way to know enough about someone in that amount of time, let alone knowing yourself to see if you want to commit to the person long term... It took me 2 years to discover that the sweet, gentlemanly, mature man I was best friends with was actually a total creep/cheater with a dad who was a registered sex offender. And that was with us texting almost every day, and telling each other "everything."
    It takes a while to get comfortable with another person, then a while to get to know their nuisances, like their values, views on important things like politics and religion (not that you have to agree on everything, but it shouldn't be a shock once you are married, and you find out one is conservative and the other is liberal, or something similar) you can't wait to get married to see how they are with kids or animals. Maybe he's the sweetest guy, but then you find out he kicks puppies or something. Maybe something you do is against their personal beliefs, but you are unwilling to stop (like a religious practice)
    After all that, you have to come to terms with the amount of sacrifice/compromise you will have to make in order for a marriage to work. Then there has to be open lines of communication, where you aren't uncomfortable with telling them ANYTHING... And you have to be willing to take all their baggage. That all takes much longer than a month. And it's why we have so many divorces. People get married because of infatuation, and then they realize that they added two different people that can't get along.

• I absolutely would have married that boy the second he first looked at me. Through me. With those burning eyes of his.

That exact second.

Right there, I was his. For life. The rest was just details.

• Yes and I did. I knew when I had found 'the one' almost immediately but I had been with a lot of lemons before then...

Mine was an old friend I had met at a friends party. We ended up on a friends email list full of bad jokes and a few years later (he had been married but was now single) I was in the same city and I asked if he fancied meeting for coffee. Five days after that I spent a week at his house and we had both kind of decided at the end of that we wanted to be together.

Four months later he came to stay at my parents with me, I got a lovely diamond ring and eleven months later in November 2003 we were married. I still love him as much now as I did then.

• No, Never a Month of Mondays but Instead... In another country the following year, dear.
    It was a hasty decision perhaps, I got caught up in the moment of a dream come true to Marry someone in a place that was far away, and then after returning to American Soil.. Toil.
    Good luck. xx

• ONLY if I'd known the person most of my life, we were best friends and I felt I knew everything about them which by the looks of things won't happen so my answer is no.

• No I would not. If it is meant to be it'll be meant to be in 2+ years when I'd begin to think about getting married.

• I guess it depends on the age, right? Ur 22 too early but I'm old I expect man older than 25 .. I guess he shouldn't wait he is getting old too

• I've been attending my friends' weddings since they were 17 so no, where I come from, 22 is most definitely not too early/young to get married lol

• Lol no. That's reckless as fuck.

• No, I would prefer not to marry someone until we'd been together for two years.

• no. a month is much too soon.

• Nope that's some crazy shot right there.

• No that seems wayyyy to fast for me. Not in a month in a relationship

• Nope. I have commitment issues. One month? I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure.

• No. I really don't think you can know all you need to know about them in such a short period of time. You can't get to know his family the way that you'd want to before your marriage. It's better to wait to be sure.

• everyone has imperfections and you usually won't notice them at first. give it at least a year. if you wanna be with them then why rush?

• eh no, maybe after a year

• No. I don't think thats a good idea.
    And even if they're your soulmate, whats the rush?

• Get married after a month? I'll have truly fucked up if I ever do that shit.

• Um.

It doesn't hurt to wait. Waiting and learning to wait is a type of preparation. If you can't learn patience now, there will be many things that come along that you will not be able to handle. It's a sign of maturity.

:\

• Never. It needs almost 2 years of time to really get to know a person. Know their character at all times, whether you can manage it etc etc

• No way.

• No, I need at least 3 years.

• If I legit KNEW this was my soulmate? Yes.

• haa! no!

• It's too fast.

• Sure, after a prayer.