At what point do you give up on dating?

I'll be 25 this year and have never been in a serious relationship. My longest relationship was 9 months when I was 19 and the guy was 17 and still in hs. I've tried putting myself out there, not doing anything and letting guys find me, meeting guys in bars, in school (before I graduated) and yet here I am, alone. I'm at the age now where all of my friends are in serious relationships or getting married if they haven't already. I'm really starting to think that I might just be one of those people who never find anyone. Which really upsets me. I'm educated, pretty, I have a career in social work, independent. According to this site no guy is really going to be interested in me because I'm black and a single mom. A friend told me I just need to focus on myself and my kid. Which is fine but that eliminates the chances of me meeting anyone bc my days are work then home. I work in a female dominated profession so meeting someone at work is highly unlikely. Should I just finally give up and accept a life of being single?

Most Helpful Guy

• No never you are pretty and intelligent. I have read many of your posts , they are articulate and show a good level of communication. The things that you feel are holding you back are actually strengths. A single mum who works hard shows commitment, compassion and maternal care. As for you your colour many men find that exotic. Please don't give up the right man will come along , there's always someone out there for all of us.

Iam all ways happy to chat please feel free to message me any time you like. I'd like to follow you if it's ok with you?

• Thank you very much. That's fine with me.

• It is. Which is why I've lost hope

• Your a good mum and woman you are wanted just got to find the right guy I suspect he's find you. just be open.

Most Helpful Girl

• Agree with TripleAce... not trying to be presmistic. i became a single mom 3 years. ago and started to date after a yr. of separting from my ex. he had since gone through 3 women becaure the true is, he (some men) become more mature and financially secured. as they age, their options are greater. most women goes for single fathers with money. i on the other hand, with 2 little kids, have asked this question on GAG... sure i am still hot (i also have money) but what else can i offer but baggages. guys have commented that, we are good for one thing.
    you are younger than me, your options are a bit better. take care of yourself and your child. be cautious of the men you introduce to your child.
    i am also in a predominate female work place (99% female). i do not want to meet men at work to begin with. the saying goes, you don't want to mix work with your private life.
    i do have a boyfriend now, but, he too have a lot of issues. i can move on and find other men with issues or just work with this one.
    I wish you the best.

What Guys Said 7

• You give up when you're dead. As long as you're alive, and you WANT a relationship, you keep on searching

• I was told that as long as I want a relationship, no one will want to be with me bc they'll sense that as desperate.

• There's a difference between wanting something and being desperate..

I want chocolate right now, but that can wait for Easter.
      If I was desperate, I'd be running into to the store grab chocolate and eat it there on the spot.

It is a huge difference

• Well as long as there is a breath left in me I will not give up on the dating scene.. I like a women's company very much, and they do like mine.. just hang in there.. someone is out there just waiting.. you could meet just like that when you least expect it.. there is someone for everyone in this world.. even if you get rejected.. keep trying.. its never too late

• Oh yea this is going to be a tuff one. Single mom, its not quite the situation guys will run to. You can find someone but don't expect it to be the guy you want. You might have to settle

But you could also be lucky and find someone great but the chances are defiantly very low

• I am exactly in your position... Except I am not a single father... And I am to bust in my career.. And I hate using an online dating sit...

So right now I am not looking... Actually

• I gave up on finding a decent women around 24-25

• Ok you need to seriously shake things up. A career in social work is not a career it's not even a job that needs to exist. It's basically welfare. So you're a single mom on welfare look at it that way and things should make more sense

• @Red_Arrow Those Jobs Are A Lot Different Then Hers My friend. Yes I use my brain daily. That's why I don't date single moms lol. Lost A hundred bucks on the chiefs game though. That was shit.

• "Those jobs" work to help people. So does hers. "Those jobs" are paid by taxes. So is hers. "Those jobs" require education. So does hers. "Those jobs" are public servants. So is she. "Those jobs" save lives. So does she. Someone who uses their brains daily would recognize all that.

• Some people find that special later in life and some find them sooner so why give up now. I did not find that special someone for me until I was 30

• Weren't you the broad complaining about your man not having a big enough dick?

What Girls Said 0