Girls, I'm thinking of breaking up with my girlfriend, but I'm unsure if it's the best thing to do. What do you think?

I've been going out with her for about 3 months and what pisses me off most is that she will only see me once per week. I'm 30 years old and I can't see the point in a part time relationship. I also find her to be quite secretive at times and I find this very frustrating. Like today for example, she had a seizure (she has epilepsy) and was taken to hospital in an ambulance. When I arrived her friend accidently blurted out something about her going to the police station and giving a statement for something. I asked what it was for and she avoiding answering by changing the subject. On Thursday we were supposed to go for a meal but she cancelled due to an 'incident' which happened at the college where she works. She didn't get home until 11:30pm and she won't say what happened. I asked whether the police statement was something to do with the college incident but she said no. I have tried voicing my opinions to her but I don't think that it's sinking in.

I know that this may sound trivial, but I just don't feel like we're heading in the same direction. Would it be wrong of me to break up with her because of these reasons? I don't think she is being unfaithful but I do think that she has commitment issues.

I appreciate any advice given, thank you.

• End the relationship.
    57% (4)
  • Don't end the relationship.
    29% (2)
  • Other.
    14% (1)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

1

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly i would sit and have a talk with her about how you feel, i wouldn't end it with her. Just simply explain about things that are getting on your nerves like you just said on your post. She may not be telling you things simply because she doesn't want to put any pressure on you or thinks its too soon to be so '"open"... From experience i was very "closed" in a relationship simply because in my past there was comments from a ex that i "had too many problems" this created a barrier where i was too scared to open up to anyone else because i didn't want them complaning about the negativity. Honestly just be straight with her and if you really like or even love her, reassure her that you are there for her. This might encourage her to open up more. Hopefully this helps. And if in the end she doesn't open up and keeps secrets then maybe you should look in another direction, however dont jump the gun by ending it just incase its just down to her potentially having insecurites.

• Although I've not said it yet, I am in love with her and I would hate for things to come to an end. I just feel like I'm nearing the end of my tether and I believe that your advice will help me a lot. Thanks.

What Girls Said 0