What's wrong with women in today's age?

Are there women out there that will give a guy a chance regardless of his looks? I didn't think women are this shallow in today's age. We guys give women chances regardless of looks.

Maybe this country makes entitlement princesses?

Wow. Haters here. I strongly believe the haters want to be just like me. And that's ok!

Most Helpful Girl

• What's wrong with women in today's age?
    Likely the same/similar things that are wrong with men in today's age.

Are there women out there that will give a guy a chance regardless of his looks?
    I imagine so considering there was a survey showing that gals pursue guys of varying looks while 2/3 of males pursued the 1/3 most attractive gals. In my observations gals are far more likely to give guys passes on looks than guys are on gals as gals generally get approached so their options are full of those they may not find attractive. However in my observations guys generally approach and they don't go around approaching gals they find unattractive so their options are all those they find attractive.

"We guys give women chances regardless of looks. "
    LMFAO @ this bullsh*t and cowsh*t considering it seems generally guys approach by attraction.

In my opinion my country America makes entitlement princesses and princes. But it seems gals get called out more and held far far far more accountable and responsible for their behavior than males ever are.

• You are still wrong. I'm majoring in women's studies. You're are just trying to cover up for your gender. That's suspicious at this point. I'm in charge here, you aren't

• I highly doubt I'm wrong.

You majoring in women's studies (which is generally the history of influential women) doesn't mean you're infallible.

It's not covering up for my gender by regarding them similarly. Nor would I imagine most reasonable people would find it suspicious for me to regard both genders similarly.

LMFAO @ this in charge bs. It seems you're quite emotional about this.

• Stop being jealous of me ok? Don't hate because you ain't me!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• Lolz

How do I explain this? And bear with me because I'm literally putting this into words for the first time so if it doesn't make sense... sorry.

The more okay a person is with being single... the more likely they are to have higher standards in a potential mate.

So if someone really wants a relationship... they're more likely to have lower/more inclusive standards for looks/personality in a potential partner.

But if someone is content to be alone then they're more likely to have narrower standards for looks/personality. Why? Because being single and alone doesn't bother them all that much so they can afford to be picky. Because they're happy without a partner. So if they're going to be with someone they don't want to be with just anyone. They want to be with someone that meets their standards.

• Guys aren't line that generally. It's females that are picky with looks

• It might different in other countries. I heard European women are friendlier and less shallow than you all.

• Then move to Europe. No loss to us lol

• It seems more like you are simply feeling very bitter because you do not receive the attention, admiration, and adoration from women you wish. Perhaps it makes you feel better to bash them instead of humbly recognizing what it is about you that women are genuinely not interested in.

• Freedom of speech!

• @Asker Thanks, but you don't have to say sorry for that. That wasn't your fault.

Love, plentyoffish is not the place to be meeting women or trying to find legitimate, serious relationships. The truth is that if you don't love yourself first you are never going to get what you wish for from women. The most phenomenal woman could walk into your life tomorrow and you simply would not be ready for her with your current mindset. You couldn't function properly in a healthy, loving relationship with your level of confidence. Your self-esteem is clearly hurt and I know it makes you feel better to numb that by being bitter and saying nasty things about all women but that's not going to change your situation.

You are very self-conscious and it's extremely apparent in your way of speaking. I see average or not even attractive men with attractive women all the time. One of my close childhood friends is about to get married to an average/below average guy. I see beautiful women with average guy

• (cont.) guys constantly when I'm out and about. It really just seems like you would rather blame your situation on some illogical idea then confront the true source of the problem. That's not healthy.

Stop acting like your life's goal is to please and impress women. I'm going to be real with you: many women these days suck. They have piss poor character and their value systems are all fuqed up. Their priorities are misplaced and you would regret falling in love with them. As a human being in this crazy, sometimes evil world, there is so much more to your worth than how many females want you. Do not compose your confidence and identity around what women what. Decide to be a certain type of man based on what you are interested in and enjoy. Develop your sense of self based on your passions and a desire to live a healthy life. The rest will fall into place.

• Women having standards and preferring to start relationships and whatnot only with guys to which they feel physically attracted does not equate to them being 'princesses'. Would you prefer to be led on, being in a relationship with someone who does not feel in the slightest attracted to you and sees you as not much more than a friend?

• Don't start ok

• Im not sure what you mean really, what im getting out is when a girl says we have standards that means an insult to the guy, it is insulting, it would be the same if a guy did it to a girl. I mean i can understand if the person never washed or was unkempt or something but nobody can help what they physically look like.

• @TimeSplitters123 I've never heard anyone say men having standards intending it to be an insult?
      I realize no one can help what they look like physically but that doesn't mean that everyone, both men and women, view levels of physical attractiveness as a pretty big factor towards whom they pursue romantically.

• Guys are so much worse! They want girls at a certain height, certain bra size, and a big ass! They don't want a girl too skinny or too big. They want a girl that looks like Kim Kardashian. So no you are fucking wrong. Why do you think so many girls have body dysphormia? Pull your head out of your fucking ugly ass. I'm sick of people like you. Guys like you will never get laid or get a girl because you believe in stereotypes. You are disgusting. It's a shame that your parents did not raise you better. I am not feminist but I will not allow you to pick or generalize every girl out in the world.

• Sorry, but not all guys give us chances regardless of our looks. We get turned down all the time, just like guys do.

• Wrong

• Of course he would no you silly bitch, because he is a guy, we ought to know whether we judge looks or not.

• You are right , women have no right to complain about being judged on looks, they always do it.

• just women huh?

• Some people value personality over looks, some people value looks over personality. Men AND women alike.

• I do have some standards on appearences. However, appeareance is not very important.

Actually, I am attracted to polite guys with confidence. Those come from the way they act, talk,... not from their muscular.

A good attitude, personality and being possitive are most attractive things. If they are good people, nobody will care if they look bad or not.

Honestly, i dont think that you are asking because its clearly that you are trying to oppose other girls oppinions, which are not in the way you want them to be. You are trying to blame on women for not being liked.
    Im sure that i dont care much about appearence but i still won't like you because of your attitude, which is bitter, negative and you are lack of confidence. Even if with a good-looking appearence, nobody will like you with these attitudes.

You must change your negative attitudes first if you want to be liked! I mean you must love yourself first then others will.

• How do I change it? It's just that I get no responses on online dating sites. Destroys my confidence. Makes me feel unnattractive.

• " We guys give women chances regardless of looks."
    Bullshit. Speak for yourself. Many guys have standards too, you know? Just because you're desperate doesn't mean every guy is.

Wanting someone that I find physically attractive does not make me an entitled princess. It just makes me a normal human being.

• Wrong. Sorry! It does make you a princess.

• No moron, accept the differences between men and women, did you not get it. Hello is there anybody in.

• @TimeSplitters123 I can accept that most adult males can grow beards. That does not mean I'm attracted to guys with beards. I would much prefer a clean shaven man.

• Lol, I'm not shallow at all. I know plenty of other girls who aren't too. Don't call me an entitled princess, mr. prick.

• Aww, some guys are definitely picky with looks. Trust me!

• Women are so much worse

• I love the way how women like to use the word generalisation when they are picked up on a bad trait in their gender. As a rule women are more picky on looks then men.

• @TimeSplitters123 Still generalising. The same as when women say "all men____". People need to get a grip.

• Women overall are more likely to overlook a dude's looks than vice versa.

• I'm majoring in women's studies. You are mistaken there. I know women better than women know each other. It's biology that they pursue Channing Tatum

• But I at least will be drinking some wine later on. That makes me feel great. That's why I drink cause I get perceived as ugly. I can post a pic if you all like.

• They are more likely! It is unreasonable to expect anyone (male or female) to completely disregard looks. It plays a role. You just have to be attractive enough for the individual girl, and she has to be attractive enough to you. I was telling you all the options I could think of. Seems impractical for me to tell you to change your job or career unless you want to. What I meant about appearance was things IN your control, because that can reflect a lot about a person beyond just if they're hot or not. You definitely don't have to have a 6pack and guns, but a healthy weight and cleanliness is something a lot of partners both male and female look for. Style is partially appearance and partially a form of self expression... it tells people about you and brings confidence. Social skills is a big one... I feel like you could get better advice from males on this one. I also think getting engaged in various extracurricular sorta activities and taking on leadership positions helps confidence

• To me, I think that i do accept, no matter the looks, altough noone likes
    short, greeneyed brunettes, do they?

• Looks aren't everything, but there is a minimum required to feel attracted to someone. Luckily, we all have different standards for that minimum. In my case, a good looking guy will have to make room for a not so good looking but very smart and charismatic man with a good dose of humor. Hope it's not because I am European... but just a woman.

• Goes both ways, guys do this too. Depends on the person really. You can't blame all women.

• It is how he say's it, women do it more.

• Lol!!! This is directed to even tho he blocked me
      @TimeSplitters123
      The truth for whom?
      You are crying over women not wanting to date you? Instead of improving yourself and putting yourself out their like other men do. You're not the only one, stop with the pitty party, hating women isn't going to get you closer to getting laid, yet alone in a relationship. My assumption for you and the asker, is you have not been out to the dating scene, let alone the real world.
      Get over my sense of entitlement?
      Says the guy crying because women don't date him, like they owe you anything lol.

• Women are 10 times more visual. Respectable ones are the little princesses. Wants everything handed to them and wants male models. Lol

• I always give guys a chance based on their personality. The thing that immediately turned me off about this post was the grammar. But that's just me.

• You are a real woman then!

• Some people have more preferences than others, and they are different person to person. Both men and women have standards for what they want in a partner (but again, some are higher than others). I do have my preferences, but the physical aspect is lower than the personality. I'd rather be with a decent looking, respectful man than a rude jerk that is handsome.

What Guys Said 5

• you sound like a lazy fat guy who doesn't wanna put in work on himself to compete.

• There are a few girls that just want to be with the "popular guy" in highschool because its apparently how the world works, but there are the fantastic girls out there that give chances to guys that are their friends, and thats what you need to do, find a really good friend, and ask her out, of course you should probably talk to her beforehand but yeah.

• Feminism ruined the American woman. At least for me they did. Very entitled, unwilling to contribute, very nasty attitudes, and refusing to accept responsibility for their actions.

• I totally agree with that, man. It's great they are independent, that's a good thing but their expectations are out of control.

• All of the Western world is the same today. Blame feminism they have encouraged and brainwashed women into being like this to get back at men, and deluded them into thinking that is how men used to treat women, and on your question there is a hell of a lot wrong with today's women other then that as well. Good point about the entitlement princesses.

• I understand why you are single now.

• @GreatPerhaps My aplogies for speaking the truth, we are allowed to criticise women, get over your sense of entitlment. typical girl does not like being criticized but thinks it is ok to do it back.

• ITS JUST SAD THE WAY WOMEN AND MEN BOTH ACT THESE DAYS