Was it wrong of me that I went out to dinner with a guy friend when I have a boyfriend?

My co worker asked me out to dinner. I didn't want to turn him down so I said yes. I told my boyfriend that a guy that I met for work asked me out to dinner and my boyfriend didn't want me to go and told me that he didn't like the fact that I am going out to dinner with another guy but I went anyway. I told my co worker that I had a boyfriend. Me and my co worker went to a fast food place for an hour and then we both went home after. I feel guilty for going out to dinner with my co worker but I would never cheat on my boyfriend. I was completely honest with my boyfriend that I went out to dinner with another guy and didn't do this behind his back. Did I ruin my relationship with my boyfriend by going out to dinner with my co worker?

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that you disregarded how your boyfriend felt is the bigger problem here.
    Honesty doesn't mean as much when you dont respect your boyfriend's wishes.
    This co worker probably has a thing for you.
    When certain guys see what they like they could careless about who else is in the picture.

What Guys Said 8

• It's not too late. It is not good that you did it knowing it would hurt him, if something like this happens again just say "you're a great guy and all but I'm seeing someone right now and that wouldn't be fair to my boyfriend" or something of the sort. That being said, it is good that you have been honest and that is the key for any relationship to ever work. Apologize for doing it, make sure he knows all of your motivations behind it ( not excuses, you aren't justifying what you did you are letting him know why you made this decision ) make sure he knows how bad you feel about it, how much it had hurt you seeing how hurt he is and knowing you hurt him and that you will never do anything like this again. Then get his honest answer of how he is feeling, what he is feeling, etc. Figure out exactly where he is and work on fix things from there. And by work on it I mean take actual steps, whatever they may be, with him so that you are both comfortable and happy in the relationship again. But avoid using sex or any sexual acts as a way to make up for it. While sex does bring people closer, it does not fix problems just hide them. Make sure you fix the problems going on.

If he truly does care about you and is serious about the relationship then he will move past it.

• If a girl coworker asked your boyfriend out to dinner and he went, even after you told him that you didn't like her asking him out to dinner and didn't want him to go, how would you feel?

• It's hard to say, but I would leave you if you went out to dinner with the guy.

• Thats not good its to late now. Thats like dating when you go out one on one with a guy even though you dont kiss or anything i would not put up with it or trust it.

• My best friend is a co-worker with a boyfriend. We go out all the time together. Her boyfriend just accepts it now.

• would you be ok with ur boyfriend going out to dinner with a female coworker?

• No it wasn't wrong unless you start making moves

• Yeah that sounds like a definite fuck up to me

What Girls Said 4

• To put your co worker before your boyfriend is a red flag. Your boyfriend wasn't okay with this, considering his feelings and him having a valid reason not to be okay with this and you still went? I understand you are allowed to have friends and all, but when in a relationship there are certain things you have to respect.

• If your boyfriend was cool with it then fine... but he wasn't, so that's not fair surely.

• I don't think you should have went, :/ I dont even talk with other males when I'm in a relationship

• I think it was inconsiderate and to put your Co worker before your boyfriend is a red flag. It shows your boyfriend you don't respect the relationship. If he hung out with a female Co worker who has a boyfriend and he told you before it happened how would you feel?