I think I maybe getting feelings for my best friend! Help?

Okay so I met my best friend (who is a guy) last year right after my messy breakup with my ex. He began to like me a lot but I friendzoned him due to the fact I wasn't ready for anything and I didn't see him like that. Anyways nearly a year and a half on I'm at a crossroads. While he is really funny, caring and we get on like a house on fire... I just don't feel attractive too him. But lately I've been thinking off taking things further with him, and it keeps popping up in my head as I think he genuinly does make me happy & a few months ago when I was really upset all I wanted to talk to was him! Not even my best girl friends of nearly 10 years! And I know it's not about looks, I'm not saying he has to look like a model but I just think you need to at least be physically attracted to someone to have a sexual connection with. When I picture us taking things further, sex or any physical contact doesn't appear... like I couldn't imagine it happening between us.

And now I'm stuck with what to do, as he really is a great guy and he makes me happy but I don't want to pursue things and realise that I can't do it because I'm not attracted to him and have to end things and lose my best friend. Anyone got any advice?

What Guys Said 2

• If there's no attraction, then why hope you'll develop it? You feel the emotional connection because he's been there for you, but nothing else. You'll end up hurting yourself and drag him along, too. I hate situations like this. Best to act on what will help you both. The best thing I can think of is to talk it out and hope you can resolve it. I don't recommend cutting him off, but if that's what you have to do, then so be it.

• He must be a good guy. Why not give him a chance? Tell him your ready to go out with him, see how he reacts.

What Girls Said 1

• well if you are 18 or 21 like teenage adult then don't date him now, but if you are an adult like 22 or 23 then i suggest to take things seriously with him, if he is the one that you though of when you were having a hard time that means you want him beside you, and to look at it this way best friends always make the best marriage couple, if it's about sex you might not like it the first time but you'll get attracted to it the second time or third , and it's not always about sex, to have a successful relationship sex is the last thing to think about