Would you date someone 2 years younger than you?

Being that they are of legal age.

Legal age of Concent
Didn't think I'd get this much opinions! Thank you all😌

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, if we were compatible enough.

What Guys Said 28

• Yes, but i am 26; so, 24 is not a big deal

• I would yes. i am 21 in my case i would but starngely i have a hard time thinking of dating older in my age range. See at like college age its a weird stage. say someone is 23 they made it out of school in the world and could have far more experience than you and its i dont know kinda a weird thing in my head. see Id prefer somone in a similar stage as i am that way we could walk our ways together where somone older has been there and maybe far ahead already and be kinda odd taking those steps without em where more of a bond is built on somone whose doin it all with you... hahah weird rant eh. But lets say already in a similar stage of life no problem.

• I would even if they weren't of legal age.

• Yep, I'm 26 and 24 is no problem. Having said that, I wouldn't wanna date anyone under 21. If they're not old enough to get into bars then they're too young. I don't care if they're of legal age. Not to mention my youngest brother is 20 so that'd be a little weird for me.

• Well if they're legal and 2 years younger, then that would mean they are 21 right now.

I find that to be a reasonable age.

• Right at the legal age for me lol so yeah.

• Absolutely not.

• when you get older, the acceptable age difference does get a lot bigger. i think up to 10 years is within the realm of "normal" as long as both are of legal age.

• So would I date someone who's 25? Sure I guess.

• I've dated someone 25 years younger than me.

• Wow that's a big gap

• Wow so your you were old enough to be her dad. Aw that's sad, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you🙁

• And I would go younger than that as long as they were legal and interested.

• I pretty much have already done that. She was a year and a half so younger. Yes I would, depends on the personality

• Yeah. 2 years younger than me, she would be 21. She wouldn't complain if I take her to the bar everyday most likely... LOL.

• Sure, of course.

• Yes of course

• Yes, I would

• yes even younger.

• Forget 2 years, I would date them as long as they were legal.

• Sure. If anything, that's kind of my minimum.

• sure, 2 years isn't much at my age. I'd go much further down than that lol

• I think You'd go down to 5-6 years?

• I don't really have a minimum age. Sure, she needs to be legal but after that it depends on how mature she is, what interests she has etc. if she's old enough or not.

Some of my best friends on GAG are 20yo and they are all 100% dateable. My dad is 10 years older than my mom, worked fine too. So I don't really see it that strict.

• I'd date someone down to 17 which is -6 years.

• Yeah I would. but if it's younger than maybe I would not maybe I would.

• Two years is legal in most places, 4 years is legal in many US states.

• Yeah y not.

• anything less then 5.

• Them being under the legal age would be an issue with me at my age so yeah

• Yh I would date someone 2 years younger than me

• Yes, why not?

• At my age that's cake.

• I'm 96 years old. Most guys 94 are dead so I date guys much younger because they're alive

• @Mishae it never dies... it just smells that way!

What Girls Said 25

• Right now, nope.
    I'm yet to meet a 16 year old that's mature enough for my liking. Plus, it would just feel weird. I consider under 18ers still kids.

• I was seeing someone 5 years younger than me, learned lesson from that called me old etc.. not dated anyone since to scared to now :)

• he just preferred females his own age or few years younger.. not all men are like that btw! My friend recently got engaged to a woman 10 years older who has kids he's only 28... I just had a manipulative arsehole was all and they come in all age groups...

• Sorry to hear that☹

• nah i won't go that young.

• I am dating someone 2 years younger than me... so...

• No. I doubt that I could.

• Sure. Just need to make sure he is mature enough. Lol

• If I was still in the dating pool I would date someone up to 3 years younger or 5 years older.

• Yes I would. But 2 years younger is the younger I would go.

• Yeah, I would.

• I would but I unfortunately must say most guys two years younger than me a kind of immature.

• No. I wouldn't prefer it.

• Yeah, I would. The more you get older, the less it is a big difference.

• I mean look at this way when you get older lets say you're.. 20 and she/he is 18? it just doesn't make a difference

• I actually am, my boyfriend is 2 years younger than me.

• Yes. Under 20 kinda creeps me out though.

• Would not.

• No I wouldn't

• No.

Unless that's how it's meant to be.

• I have, no big deal.

• Nope, I don't date younger.

• I wouldn't date anyone younger than me. I couldn't keep from thinking the dude was a "kid".

• No, I would not. Older guys are a turn on for me. The oldest I would go for is at least 5 years..

• Yep that isn't a big age gap

• That would be 19 for me... only if he was mature. That is over the legal age of consent, but so far in my experience, I don't have a lot in common with someone in their teens still (emotional maturity wise). There might be some, though.

• No; as a rule, I don't date anyone younger than me.