Is it possible to find "the one" in high school?

My younger sister is almost 17, and a junior in high school. She's been dating this boy named Ethan for quite a while, and I know that she really, really loves them. Whenever she talks about him/is with him, her face is always lit up, and I've honestly never seen someone who makes her so happy and who she gets along with so well. Ethan is a very nice guy, and treats her well. My sister always tells me how they never fight, and if anything ever happens, they just work it out calmly, which I was pretty surprised by, because that's pretty mature for a high school couple. She also mentioned to me that he's told her that he's so in love with her that he promises he'll marry her one day. They're really perfect for eachother, and I'm happy for her, as she's went through a couple of guys who really just did not treat her right and it was awful to watch. I think they're adorable together, but is this something that can actually happen? I've never really heard of someone meeting their husband/wife that early.

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents and most of my relatives met in high school, which made me think it was common.

For some reason it's kinda hard to find stats about it.

I did not get a girlfriend in high school though so I feel hopeless.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a teacher who met her husband in middle school and they were together ever since. It could happen.

What Guys Said 4

• the matrix isn't real, so no... oh, you meant guy. yeah. plenty of people who get married started dating in high school

• It's rare but it happens. I spotted a girl I knew on FB not long ago and I saw her husband and I'm like... "Hey I recognise him!!!" He was her boyfriend when she was 17.

• My aunt and uncle began dating in high school. They've been married for 30+ years

• Yes it's possible

What Girls Said 1

• Happens literally all the time by me. I met my boyfriend in middle school and we're planing on getting married.

I know at least ten people who married their HS sweetheart.