He acts like he likes me, but says he DOESN'T?

I have a huge crush on my guy best friend, and I am confused because he acts like he likes me, but says he doesn't. Not too long ago, I admitted my feelings to him. And he said that he feels for me as more of a friend, and that I am one of his best friends and that I am a awesome person. He has been attracted to me before, and we dated before too. And he also said that he doesn't want to hurt me because when we have dated he hurt me by breaking up with me. And we almost lost our friendship because of it.

Anyways, like I said he acts like he likes me. He treats me better than other girls, even his friend "Katy" and they have known each other for years. And we are closer than they have ever been, and we have known each other for a year now. And he stares at me a lot, and he doesn't stare at any other girls I am the only one.

Here are some of the things he does: he stares at me a lot, he rated me a 10, he compliments me sometimes, he playfully teases me, he jokes around with me and plays tricks on me because I am extremely gullible, he sometimes smiles & stares at me, he wanted me to wear his glasses & I tried them on and he said I looked pretty good in them, and that I looked better than he does. He also talks to me WAY more than any other girls.

I feel like he likes me, even though he says he doesn't I am very confused. Do you think he secretly likes me?

• Yes he does secretly like me
  • No he doesn't secretly like me

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• he's probably talking and being nice to you because you are best friends. Best friends compliment each other, look at each other, and play tricks on each other. If he broke up with you before and says he doesn't like you, he doesn't like you.