How often do you rule out dating a guy based on initial impressions?

We're all quick to form impressions of someone without really getting to know them - we've all heard about a woman's intuition.

How often do you rule out dating a guy based on initial impressions, only to find what a great guy he was when speaking with him and would then consider dating him?

Also, how good are you at communicating interest in someone you like? Rate yourself on a scale 1 - 10 (1 - He's has to be a total mind reader, 10 - I'd grab a part of his anatomy ;) )

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the first impression. Like if he was smoking a cigarette or being rude to someone, sorry, but there isn't much he will do later that would get me past such deal breakers. I have had a boyfriend or two that I wasn't immediately floored by but after knowing him I became more interested. So, in that case, I didn't actually rule the guy out, I just didn't think there was anything there between us.

I think I am good at communicating interest but truthfully I think my natural friendly nature could make a guy I am not interested in think there is something there. I am not going to be rude or cold to a guy to avoid such confusion. Oh, and I would never grab a part of his anatomy, lol. Your description of a 10 is beyond anything I think is a good idea.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on how intuitive you are but first impressions are crucial. Eye contact, mannerisms, etc...the things you can see, they are the easy part and I can usually tell in brief minutes if we're compatible... but I pay a great deal more attention to the vibes I get from them. I can usually feel their intent or the level of their interest. I've had some boyfriends that weren't much to look at at first but as I got to know them they became very handsome...and the reverse...When I've gone for the eye candy...I really just ended up with an ugly jerk...

I would put myself at about an 8 on communicating my interests...I guess it's just because I'm not to likely to walk up and do anything more than touch your shoulder...Cheers!

• I'd personally say that first impressions are pretty key to me. However, I'm always one for second chances, and I'm willing to get to know a guy before I date him. (Sometimes good first impressions are just as false as bad ones, I learned THAT the hard way.) I think communication is key and I would DEFINITELY consider going out with him if I thought he was a great guy after a bit of talking.

Personally I think I SHOULD be around an 8, but for some reason guys either ignore it or don't get a clue, so I'd put myself around a 4. I'm a major flirt sometimes--even when I don't want to be--and it's easily noticeable.

What Guys Said 1

• Girls tend to perceive first impressions as either definitely no or maybe. Naturally you want to be in the maybe category. Initial interest will be low and either grow or stay the same. There's a limited window of opportunity in which interest growth can be accrued. Take too long and they'll suppose you're not interested or unsuited from lack of action.