How do I get over my best friend?

A few months ago, I told my best friend that I had feelings for him. He took it really well, but rejected me. We've still been super close, in fact closer than we were before. However, he's starting to talk to me about other girls, and it's killing me inside. I honestly go home every night and wonder why I wasn't good enough for him or any guy in general, because guys just don't seem to ask me out. What can I do to help me get through this? Please don't say stop hanging out with him, he's my best friend. That isn't an option.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I'm in a similar situation. And even tho you don't want to hear it, the best thing may be to distance yourself for awhile until you can get over those feelings. I tried the whole ignoring it thing. Doesn't work. The more he talks about other girls, the worse you'll feel. You'll get to a point where you can't take it anymore. You don't wanna get to that point. So try distancing yourself.