Would you date a short guy if there were lots of tall men available?

I'm pretty short at 5'9/175 cm and I live in a very tall country where the average height for guys, if I'd have to guess would be least 6 feet / 183 cm. Most of them are blonde and more light skinned than me too, I'm a foreigner.

I dont see how I would even have a chance with any of the girls at my college forexample. Height is so important to girls. In fact its so important that a girl would reject a guy she would otherwise date for nothing else but the fact that he's short. Why would a girl choose a short guy when there are so many tall guys to choose from. It'd be like walking around in a goldmine and picking up and walking away with a bucket of mud. No girl would do that.

Do I even have a chance, I'm 22 and I've never had a girlfriend? I wouldn't be so worried if girls didn't make such a big deal about height. If it was something they only saw as a bonus, such as playing guitar. Girls like guys that that play the guitar, but no girl would decide upon whether they should date a guy based on how good he's at playing the guitar. Whereas height is for 99.9999% of girls an actual dealbreaker, which sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• 175cm isn't short. Not at all. Of course, it's not as tall as some men but to many women, it is tall.
    I"m 158cm so your heigh is tall for someone like me. Some might say I shouldn't give advise considering my boyfriend is ridiculously taller than me but I know plenty of men your height or even a little shorter that have girlfriends.
    I even have a girlfriend who's around 172cm and her boyfriend is about the same height.
    Women often like men who are taller than them but it's a preference. In the end, what counts is the man's charm.

Most Helpful Guy

• Must the the country you're living since I have no problem being short

What Girls Said 14

• Height is not a deal breaker for me, I have actually only dated guys that are close to my height (I'm 5'8) and it just kind of happened that way. I've had crushes on guys much shorter and much taller than me. Although some girls will have that preference, not all girls really care that much. Confidence and a great personality are most important to me and many other genuine girls.

• Would you date a short guy if there were lots of tall men available?
    No. I wouldn't even date a short guy is there were only a few tall men available.

• Until the guy I ended up marrying I only dated and kissed guys from the 5'5" - 5'9" range... it was my type. When me and my Husband started dating the height difference was super awkward. My only other semi-real boyfriend before DH is 5'5"... I was his first girlfriend and we were off and on for 18months... ever since we dated he has had no trouble pulling it in. He is not built, or cool, nor does he have game. But he honest, would do anything for you and gives literally the greatest hugs. He always tries to make sure no one is left out but at the same time going with the flow. What ever he does works. I have a cooler friend who is 5'7" (I'd never be interested in him) and he is in the triple digits partner wise and is currently trying to settle down. You just have to find your thing. A lot of people are huge on height... it's just one of those stupid ideals. Life is what you make it bud :D

• Yes! Sure. I would date the guy I clicked best with. Height isn't a big deal to me. I'm short myself (5'3") so pretty much every man I meet is my height or taller and that's fine.

• Whomever I date it'll be for their personality. I don't care how tall/short someone is.

• I'll date the guy that I like. It's not about how tall they are.

• I shall tell you this, Depends on you. If you are nice then Heck yes! if you are a douchebag then definetely not.
    So it tottaly depends ;) because im short too!

• If I like the guy (talking about personality) sure I would, heigh is not a big deal for me
    By the way, I don't think you are short

• Yes. 5'8''- 5'10'' is the ideal height range for me.

• *You're taller than me- I dun care, let's date.
    *You're shorter than me- if you dun care, let's date. End of the story. Many girls prefer taller guys and I dun know why.

• 5`9 is a far cry from being short

• But would you choose a 5'9 guy when there is a sea of 6'0+ foot available? Would it bother you that the guy you date doesn't see eye too eye with most of the men you meet?

• I really don't care how tall a guy is compared to other guys as long as he's taller or the same height as me. I'm 5`4 and my boyfriend is 5`7.

• 5'9" is tall.

• Fore 5'9 is tall... I am 5'4 I wouldn't mind dating a guy so close to my height. Dude seriously your not short.

• sure why not?

What Guys Said 8

• I'm in the same boat

• Denmark and the Netherlands are the countries that have tallest average males at 6'. The average for the United States is 5'9.5"

• actually. it is 5'10 if you are only counting young males

• I don't think 5'9" is that short to actually matter.

• Are you kidding me? I'd love to be your height. You're not short. I see plenty of girls with guys your height.

• 5'9" is short?

• All of these dishonest women, trying to make you feel better. Smh be honest women! Height is a dealbreaker to tons of women!

• 5'9 isn't short.
    5'7 and below.

• bro you think 5,9 is short? Try to be 5,6 like me... lol

• Try being 5'4" like me lol

• @SuitAndTie hahahaha yeah man, listen to us the real shorties. You are fine, as long as you are taller than them, there is no problem.