I have an objective to see my boyfriend cry... He never cried when his Mum died... What makes the least emotional guy cry?

It's not that he doesn't sound upset. When he talks he can come across emotional but his face seems normal like he's not upset. I know its weird but he told me the last time he cried was when he was a kid and he was beaten up. He tells me he doesn't cry when he's upset and he doesn't know why his Mum dying never made him cry.
I found out a day after her death and I expected to console him and comfort him with words but there was no reason to because he looked normal he just stayed silent and his excuse is that in his religion excessive displays of sadness isn't good and you have to keep it together. he's generally never emotional. He can't be made of stone surely? What can trigger him? I know it sounds weird but I wanted to see him uncontrollably upset and the reason I'm surprised is because he and his Mum were close.
He just did a little prayer of death because he's Muslim and that was that. Does he lack empathy and I don't believe he's putting up a front. He does say that people deal with in different ways but I'm sure most cry.

Most Helpful Guy

• Seem like your boyfriend and I have something in common, it may be for different reasons of course, but I don't reflect emotion outwardly, I usually ignore it all together, I just allow there to permutate a sad atmosphere from within.

But if it's something like moving on I just simply ignore it, but I will acknowledge it, I just happen to be able to jump from one point to another and skip the emotional baggage.

Perhaps that is the case with your boyfriend, made like the earth, stone on the outside molten core on the inside.

• I on the other hand am capable of shutting down my empathy for beneficial use, perhaps he simply has that same effect and has is using it to cope.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's likely blocking the emotion from hitting full force. If he talked about his innermost feelings, he'd probably eventually get emotional. I'm the same way about some things.

What Guys Said 13

• Me personally I have a hard time dealing with people just being sweet to me. I never cried when my stepfather died, but I wouldn't be suprised if he cried in solitude. Few times I did cry back then, I always felt so ashamed, didn't let anyone see me. Think I gone more soft over the recent years, but no doubt am all too familiar with basically being a stone.

• Hit the eject button. He sounds just like my middle stepson. My wife said hebehaved just like you described. He then killed himself leaving a wife and 2 kids.

• He won't.. And if he ever did it will be when he is alone and nobody is in radius of 50 meters or inside the house

• Its not that the emotions are not there its more a way not to feel hurt. Crying is accepting that you feel pain

• Sounds like he can control his emotions pretty well. That doesn't mean he doesn't feel it's that he won't show it. He may very well cry someday but I doubt it will be in front of you.

• Have him watch a Pixar movie.

• Are you insane? You want to hurt someone for your own amusement and curiosity? That's something a sociopath does! The guy just went through a death in the family! He doesn't need you making it worse with your little games.

• I think her point is to make sure the guy ISN'T a psychopath.

It's a strange methodology, but, I can see where she is going with it.

• Seriously? Even my mom's nail get hurt.. I can cry till the morning.. I dont think I m weird but I think yeah ur boyfriend is weird

• its funny, I've never seen my brother cry before and I've only actually seen him get mad once, he's just that laid back kinda person and just doesn't care

• I'm the same. I just don't no matter what. Even if I want to it's almost like I physically can't

• Tell him your pregnant by another guy "and" your keeping it lol that ought of do it.. and why in the hell do u wanna see your man cry? My ex was always tryin to pull dumb shit like that too she wanted to see me get angry cause I rarely did and when I finally did it messed up the relationship forever. Be careful what u wish for and just simply appreciate his strength he might have god on his side someone you need to have.

• He isn't made of stone, but he's learned to repress displays of emotion to the point it's automatic.

It does not mean he lacks empathy.

• Muslims are evil. Run away

What Girls Said 0