Recently I've started liking my best guy friend as more than a friend. What do I do?

My best friend is a guy I've known for about a year now. People always said that we were dating and in the beginning we'd laugh because it would NEVER happen. These last few months I've realized that I like him as more than a friend and I don't want to. Every time I even think about another guy or go out with one, he always pops up in my head. I'm not sure what I should do about it. My friends say that I should just tell him, but I'm scared that it will ruin our friendship. What do I do?

What Guys Said 1

• Now what you have to think about is what your intention is. And what do you want. You are also really young. So you got time, another could roll your way where you would be more sure of as you mature. But id say this if you feel that passionate about it.

honestly if you can come to terms and get to a comfortable place to let him know i think its a great deal. You know a lot about each other already. Which is great. and beautifull even. I personaly believe in for me, a great relationship is to become best friends with them first then coming to a place where you know that its a good choice or even the right choice for them to be more. At the end of the day you want your mate to be your best friend. If he truly is a great friend of yours opening up should be an easier task. Nothing wrong with expressing how you feel. Well i know easier said than done id think about what to say to him, i know a lot of people would do the same. Id use honest words and make sure you are in a place with no distractions. Note: i'm no relationship expert... like at all. just giving an opinion to think about... Le'ts say he dosnt feel the same which if you look it up on the internet. When a guy is a great friend with a girl there actualy is a good chance that he has some sort of interest in her if she does take an interest in him afterall. Just be honest and explain to him. Look i have to be real with you this is how i feel and i am requesting for this to hopefully not become awkward between us. No shame in asking that i think. Then see where things end up. And If possible see if you can see any signs that he may be interested before. I think a good sign is if he compliments you a lot. Obviously its somthing to think about again... Im far from a relationship expert its just my thought. And just giving you somthing to think about

/watch? v=T_lh5fR4DMA&index=21&list=LLceE8iCImGf_flR0aTUYheA Watch the second half of this vid I found it very interesting when the guy asked each female if you think for a second the guy friend is interested they cudnt deny it and or the guy said he would be interested. :P

All the best God bless.

What Girls Said 2

• I've been in this situation. Totally worth it if you go for it... it ends up being such a fun relationship because you both are such good friends. Just be aware that the relationship can go two ways: marriage or breakup. So consider whether you'd be fine losing a friendship in the long-run or even possibly considering whether you could spend the rest of your life with him. Good luck!

• tell him and if he doesn't feel the same way he has missed out on a girl like you and if you guys have a good bond you're freindship should go back to the way it was that is if he is not awkward