Guys, Should I be bothered when my boyfriend rates other girls in front of me?

Me, him, and our guy friends will hang out, and every once and a while they'll bring up girls either on public or social media. It tends to go like, "Oh dude do you think she's hot? "Oh yeah, solid 9" or something along those lines.

I understand this is a typical guy thing to do, but it gets to me sometimes. Should I say something to him about it? Or will he just shrug it off and conclude that I'm being insecure?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I understand your concerns and yes these kind of things that guy does can indeed make a woman feel insecure, at least a little bit, even the best of women, and I believe it natural to feel a little insecure for a woman.

Yes you should talk to him about it and tell him how it makes you feel when he does that. Communication is very important in a healthy relationship. Hopefully your guy understands.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's immature and disrespectful to you.

I think you should say something, but in a jokey way- don't make it serious. Say something like "Oh, rating other girls eh? Bit schoolboyish" ... ok, so that was a bit crap, but you get my point :p Just bring it up in a lighthearted way.

• I know it can be intended to be just having fun, but he's not being mindful of how you feel about it. Maybe a good, brutal honest and sincere conservation should take place. As you might know, communication is KEY in any relationship. There's nothing wrong with telling your boyfriend how it makes you FEEL when he does that. Take care and good luck!

• Yeah, chicks do that, relationship or not.