Present on Valentines day or not?

This year will be the first year I would have been with someone for Valentines day. My question is, are the girls meant to buy something for the guy and if so, what sort of gifts should you buy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you can buy him a gift or something, that will make him happy definitely. However it's not like you have to do it, there is no compulsion or a rule as such. By choice if you want to buy something, or if you believe that's right then you can go ahead and do that.

• okay thank you, do you by any chance have any suggestions on what to buy?

• Thanks for the MHO lady!

• All good :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, but make it a small gift. Don't make it seem like you're trying way too hard or make him feel bad if he doesn't give you a gift. Possibly ask him if he wants to do presents? That'll make it so there's no confusion.

• He said he was getting me a present and cannot wait to give it to me. However when I mentioned about getting him a present, he was like you don't need to do that, thats not how it normally works. So i just didn't know if you are meant to or not.

• Okay thanks for your help :) I have worked out what i am going to get him :)

• No problem happy to help😄😄

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. Why not?
    And get anything that reminds you of him.

• while this sounds really bad usually ( as a girl) ill cook my boyfriend something and as we are eating dinner he will give me his gift ( usually a teddy bear or jewelry) and after dinner ill give him mine.. which usually happens in the bedroom. He seems to like it and I don't mind