Need Quick Advice. My girlfriend says that she isn't ready for a serious relationship, what should I do?

So, me and my girlfriend have been dating for a little over a week. But today she says that she's not ready for a serious relationship and that she's breaking up for me.

I was hurt and over reacted. I said some things I wasn't proud of and was a general ass.

After a few hours I messaged her back and we started talking about why she broke up with me in-depth. She said that she didn't want to hurt me. We continued talking about it and eventually she said that she didn't want our relationship to mess with her future.

My counter arguments:

1: She waited over a month for me to ask her out, and like I said, we've only been going out for a week. She definitely wanted to date me, and there is no way that changed over 1 or 2 days because not even a day ago she said she was perfectly happy with us.

2: We are both 16. We are not in that serious of a relationship, considering we haven't even held hands. She says that us being together could ruin her future, because of some advice her dad gave her. So I tell her that we can't know what's going to happen in the future, and that we need to live our relationship out one day at a time.

Tommorow we are going to have a more serious conversation about it and I want to know what I should do? I want to be with her and I don't want to let something as simple as this ruin what we could have.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Well, it's cool you got the real reason out of her and it had nothing to do with you. I'd be happy if I were in your shoes.

Of course, she will be seen dating another guy soon, but just forget about that and focus on your studies.

Then, if you work hard and stay focused, you will get to reject all kinds of women when you are older, telling them all 'yeah, it just doesn't make financial sense for me to partner with you'

• Don't force the issue and just let it happen naturally maybe?

• I'm already forcing the issue. This is the consequence of natural happenings, and I am ready to fight and struggle for this girl.

• Thats where your going wrong, you'll just push her away if you force things.
      Ease up and just concentrate on having fun together, it will happen naturally

• @timmy111 She's already saying that she wants to be friends, I'm just confused about where this came from

• Seems to me that you're both sophomore or juniors in High school? at that age you shouldn't be too worried about the future for another year or so. Just make sure that when you do start worrying, don't let your relationship affect it too much (going to the same college just to be together; i did that... not as good as it sounds:/
    In short, she and her dad have a point, but their worry seems premature.