I cried during our first date. Did I ruin everything?

I broke up with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago and I was afraid of how good I was handleling everything.

I decided to go on a date with other guy, nothing serious but I think I drank enough alcohol to made me start thinking about my ex a lot.

When we were walking, he stopped in a park and started kissing me and seconds later I started crying because I wished with all my heart that he was my ex and I felt a little disgusting with myself.
It was only a little tears and I tried to hide it well but he realized that I had tears and asked me if I was ok.

That was the end and now he send me a text this morning and I do not know if I should answer.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you shouldn't answer, because of one reason - you are still not over your ex, and not ready to date anyone else now.

• Yeah, just ignore someone out of the blue without any explanation. Solid advice. She should answer, but decline his advances, because she's obviously not over her ex.

• @ivaneca One date does not = obligation for anything. It would be cool of you to let him know that you aren't over your ex and that you apologize for wasting his time. He'll either understand and let it go, or be a desperate dick and whine about it over text.

• @Almostoverit, you're right, one date is not an obligation for anything. Just like 300 dates aren't an obligation for anything. But that doesn't mean that a decent human being just suddenly ignores someone without an explanation, that's all I was suggesting.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you need to fix yourself before you start dating.

What Guys Said 8

• If a girl was crying about her ex, then I'd bail. Not to be a dick, but it's clear you aren't over him and this guy is setting himself up to be a rebound if he continues with you. You need to take some time to yourself and get over your ex, or you're just going to end up using whoever you date as emotional support while they are looking for something different.

• I think you were going to fast. You aren't supposed to date for the heck of it, just to be with another guy asap.

• You probably didn't RUIN it, but yeah it kind of sounds like you weren't really ready for a date in the first place.

I'd tell him what happened and apologize. It's a red flag, but how much of one is really up to him.

• Crying during intimate moments is a dealbreaker for me personally. (It only happened once for me, and once was enough) but apparently not for him since he messaged you back. YOU need to decide whether or not YOU are ready to proceed and then talk it over with this guy. The burden of of getting your shit together is on you, and if your not ready your not ready.

• Whether you want to continue dating him is up to you but if you aren't interested you should at the very least tell him why.

• FYI I would probably give you another chance after giving you space for a few more weeks.

• I'd be long gone after that.

• If he messaged back you then it's ok. Try to forget the other one and move on :)

• Just a sign that your not ready to date yet until you get over your ex, I don't think you ruined it with the guy the but you may want to tell him your not ready

What Girls Said 1

• Answer him and apologize. Clearly if you think about your ex, you're using this new guy as rebound. Tell him you need time to re-think your relationship. But it's good to point out that you were the one that broke up with your ex.