Guy I met online asked me to be exclusive but is still secretly online dating should I dump him?

I met a guy online 2 months ago, we had an instant connection and our relationship moved really fast. He asked me to be his girlfriend last month and said that he's ready to settle down and hasn't felt a connection like this for years, he told me he doesn't talk to any other girls and has taken down his dating profile. I really like him and feel like he genuinely liked me however I went online with a fake profile to check if he's being honest and I noticed that although he's taken his pictures down he is still active and last logged in on Saturday. I feel really hurt because the fact he's still looking means I'm obviously not the one, despite him saying he feels I am. I really feel confused, should I confront him or cut my loses?

Most Helpful Guy

• He took his pictures down. Ain't no body contacting him. Trust me.

• So why would he still be online though?

• I am not sure. But if you have trust issues with him then just make up another fake profile with a real pictures of someone else and try to strike a conversation with him and see how far he takes it. If he completely rejects her you need to trust him then. Make sure she is at least attractive. It's not exactly the most honest thing you could do, but if he is just playing you then there is no real way to talk to him about it.

• Thanks for responding that's a good idea.. It's hard because I really do like him but I don't want to waste my time. Thanks again for the advice

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• I would just cut him out. Who knows whether or not he's using the same lines he used for you on other girls as well. Whether or not he is talking to other girls, if he told you he deleted his profile and he didn't that's still lying and that's definitely not a good way to start a relationship, especially if he's supposedly ready to settle down.

• Similar happened with me. My partner says that online he does not talk to other girls but I found that he flirts and have affairs with so many girls online and he always flirts with girls on social networking sites and even he calls them to meet him and have sex with him and to be in relationship with me and to me he always said that he loves only me and always said that he can not ever even look at any girl of the universe except me, can not even think about any other girl and said that I'm his first and last and he always said that he consider every girl his sister but he just betrayed me, lied to me and always just pretended that he loves me and just used me and not only me it seems that he also betrayed other girls as well. I'm really absolutely broken and I have not any strength to be alive anymore. I am badly depressed and feeling suicidal

• *to be in relationship with Him
      Not me
      Sorry for that mistype

• You've done nothing wrong here and you don't need to get down on yourself. If your age is your correct age, you are still nineteen and have your whole life ahead of you. There are plenty of other guys out there and I'm sure you can find one who will treat you 110% better than this guy did. You just can't get yourself down about it. You just need to remind yourself that his unfaithfulness was not your fault and that you are better off without him.

• Wahhaha... another gold digger hustler...

• Similar happened with me. He says that online he does not talk to other girls but I found that he flirts and have affairs with so many girls online and he always flirts with girls on social networking sites and even he calls them to meet him and have sex with him and to be in relationship with me and to me he always said that he loves only me and always said that he can not ever even look at any girl of the universe except me, can not even think about any other girl and said that I'm his first and last and he always said that he consider every girl his sister but he just betrayed me, lied to me and always just pretended that he loves me and just used me and not only me it seems that he also betrayed other girls as well. I'm really absolutely broken and I have not any strength to be alive anymore. I am badly depressed and feeling suicidal :'(

• *to be in relationship with Him
      Not me
      Sorry for that mistype

• Thank you that's my worry he says he doesn't talk to other girls so I don't understand why he would lie.. I'm sorry for your pain you will get over him I hope you meet someone who treats you right next time!