Are you afraid of falling in love?

I use to think that these sentiments were silly but as I've gotten older, it appears to become more vivid. Please feel free to share your views.

Most Helpful Guy

• Afraid? No I am not afraid, I don't want to fall in love, I will never fall in love. I am a very logical and a realistic person so I am also totally incapable of falling in love. It can never happen like that and I won't allow that to happen also. I also don't believe in the sentence that " Love is blind", that itself sounds illogical and stupid to me, I mean the sentence is stupid. For me "Love" is a choice, a decision and not something that just happens

I know that love is a beautiful feeling. Yes, I do believe in love, true love but I never want to be in love, by choice. It my decision. Why? that's hard to explain, so please don't ask.

Yes, I do have a fear but that's different, which is like this:

1. I know for sure that I will never be in love, I will never fall in love but it's possible that one day a woman can like me or even love me so much so that I would mean the world to her and that is exactly what I never want, but that's what I am afraid will happen. This is my fear and not the one that you had asked in your question.

Hence it's possible that a woman can love me some day but I can never be in love with a woman, I will never be in love, hence it will never happen from my end. Never means never!!.

I know it's sad but that's the truth

• So you are afraid of breaking someone's heart, right?

• @Cherrymelon Like him

• I think if you get to choose if you fall in love or not: it's not real love.

Most Helpful Girl

• A bit. Mainly because I'm Christian and fear that maybe God wants me to be alone and that if I fall for someone it won't work out.

• I share the same view so we are basically alike :)

What Guys Said 14

• Love is amazing, and I wish I could feel it again. Love infuses new life into a dormant shell of a human being, and it's a high that thankfully have not be replaced by drugs and alcohol, my only saving grace.

I've become too deeply grounded in reality to ever soar in love's bliss. I'm just not good enough, factually speaking. My income, my body, my looks, my experience. Everything fails. I don't deserve it. Yet, I know that love is the only way to fix this.

• Don't ever say that! People will see you like you see yourself! I have been single all my life, I have no idea what it feels like to be in love, but I'd like to experience it.

• @Cherrymelon You're right about that. In a way, the truth can be cancerous. Gotta ignore it...

• Not afraid of it at all

• Yes I am so I don't let myself.

• I'm not afraid at all. I'm willing to risk everything in pursuit of it; should that lead to heartbreak, then I'll overcome that too and start over again.

• Hmmm, I am not afraid love, I am afraid not being able to maintain the standard required for me to be able to love appropriately.

It's why I stay away from relationships until it is guaranteed that I will have a stable one.

• no. the only thing to be afraid of is them not feeling the same way

• What's to fear? Love is just a feeling two people get when they want to reproduce, and is nothing short of just a bit more powerful feeling of care, like you feel with a pet, child, or favourite blanket.

I fear what people expect from love, like marriage and all that, but I don't fear the feeling itself, since it's just me wanting to fuck and protect a chick.

• I have no divided loyalties

• Meh, I've got no plans to. The only love I have is the love for my nation.
    ... And my hand. Mostly my hand.

• I am only afraid of falling in love with the wrong person, love on its own is beautiful though. I want to give my love to someone truly special that will reciprocate.

• Not afraid, it doesn't happen that fast for me.

• Very scared to

• I am today I don't trust anyone wash crushed by my ex wife don't believe in love

• I do believe the 'love' boat has sailed for me.

Not shedding tears for it, but it would have been nice to experience it at least once before i die.

What Girls Said 19

• YES... I'm actually in my first relationship right now with this amazing guy like I never thought I would find someone so sweet and thoughtful in high school. Have you ever seen those truth or dares on the back of gum wrappers? They are so dumb, but he asked me the dare and it was to write him a love letter. So we wrote each other love letters and at the end of his very sweet letter, he wrote me, "te quiero," which is I love you in Spanish. (He is Mexican) I get such butterflies thinking about it. Of course I wrote a sarcastic letter like an idiot LMAO. After I read it I thanked him and kissed him but I haven't actually said it back to him which is so stupid. I've never felt like this before and it honestly scares me. Once I say it, its so real. I'm very headstrong and independent and I almost feel weak to officially give this power. All of my female role models in my life have been heart broken and devastated and I'm been that persons shoulder to cry numerous times and I'm scared that will be me. I also subconsciously know once I say it, it wouldn't be long till he asks to take my virginity which I shouldn't worry about because that is two different discussions but I think its another reason that holds me back from falling in love. Basically, I never thought falling in love would be scary until it happened to me. I know I have to say it back and I feel better writing this and not bottling it up anymore so thanks for this post!

• Aww that's really sweet. I think you should let him know how much you feel about him. Ask if he truly means it, then you follow your heart from there. Take it slow ok? I wish you all the best in your relationship. ;)

• Thanks I will😊

• I am not.
    Although I know how bad the pain is when I get heartbroken, I know I will be hurt many many times, I am not afraid of falling in love. Just like breast feeding or anger, falling in love is natural. I wear my heart on my sleeve and I am sensitive but I will be able to pull through no matter what happens. Why would I be afraid to fall in love when all it does is bring new experiences and expands my horizon of thinking?

• Not at all :) Love is amazing and when you meet the right person all the pain of past hurtful relationship become worth it.

• Not afraid of falling in love. Just afraid to get my heart broken once I'm in that stage. As it's unpredictable where things can may lead to. I would like stability in a relationship, and I would like to feel reassured that it will remain that way. I'm someone who definitely wants a long term relationship. I've always wanted that to begin with anyways.

• Yep. Especially with the wrong person.

• what are you calling sentiments? love falling or fear?

and no. I'm not. I'm only concerned with how i conduct myself. i am free to feel whatever i like.

• Fear of loving someone because you are putting yourself out there to basically get your heart broken.

• Thanks for that pointless wall of text; I wasn't victimizing myself, and I still hold the belief that love is nothing short of a made up feeling to describe wanting to fuck.

• Well, I've been very honest. I guess I'm not good enough. Such is life.

• I do, because I'm scared of getting hurt. I'm scared that the person that I love will never say the same thing to me.

• No I don't think "afraid of falling in love". I think it's more about if the other person reciprocates

• Absolutely terrified.

• Yep. Been hurt pretty bad. Don't want to get hurt again.

• Yes and No.

A while ago, I started to like someone and kept praying that it doesn't turn into love.

So in that part yes, I was afraid.
    However, thank God, I stopped it.

So, that's why no.
    I have some control over my feelings.

• in some ways yes i'm afraid

• Kinda, I'm afraid of getting hurt.

• Love is an exquisite feeling. But it has it's own side effects. So I may be, a little.

• Yes, I'm scared, I don't want to get hurt, love sucks pretty bad when it is one sided

• Terrified

• Yeah. My parents failed relationship and most I see around me make me feel like someone wouldn't possibly love me for forever. Dont get me wrong my parents have a friendly relationship because of my brother and me. I am afraid that i feel so deep in love I will marry the wrong guy I dont know all of these are stupid things I think about. Sometimes I wish someone could love me just the way I am. And I know he would be a great support for me.

• I don't think really think about such things.

• *don't really think

• Yeah basic I'm afraid they won't love me back.