How well should u know your girlfriend or boyfriend?

Should you know every detail of their life or should they be more a mystery to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should know your partner enough to know what makes them tick, smile, & when they just wanna be alone. Details can be learned along the way. Personally I like to know a lot about my partner before calling them my gf/bf.

What Guys Said 12

• I just need to know what keeps her happy and what makes her unhappy. That apart from her medical history / condition etc so I can cater to those as and when required and warranted.

Rest of that is upto her to let me in or not. I'm not going inquisitive and poking my nose around.

Everyone has a right to their privacy :)

• Extremely well. Well enough to know their likes and dislikes. And their positive and negative traits; for example, their compassion towards others, their vices, and their temperament.

• a decent well

• You should know them as well as you know your closest best friend, because that's what they are. Or at least it's what they should be

• If yous stay together for years, I imagine you'll get to know them quite well. You can't demand to know these things.

• not very well we have only been dating a few months.

• I'm not one to get bored of a person easily so I want to know everythingggggg

• i don´t think you need to know everything. certain things don´t need to ever come up but not a lot.

• Well enough to guess what she/he must be doing right now 90% of the times.

• Very very well

• Neither a mystery nor a wikipedia they should be for you.
    There should be a balance between everything. Everybody should have their personal spaces too. But there should be a limit behind that.

• You should know each other well enough so you know what's best for each other.

What Girls Said 6

• Pretty well depending on how long you've dated, the longer you date them the more things you'll find out about them.

• Well, it depends on how long y'all have known each other. I think it will continuously be a learning process. People choose to stop learning about one another, but it really is an ongoing thing. I have heard many married people are still learning.

• i love finding out newthings about my boyfriend :) weve been dating for 7 months and im still learning things every day

• i want to know every detail of his life, but kept myself as mysterious one lolz

• He's my best friend. We're very open with each other.

• I do not think you should know every little detail of your significant others life. For one, it takes out all the fun/mystery of continuously finding out small/big things down the road. In my own experience I found out things I never ever wanted to know about and it has really hurt our relationship.