Do looks matter?

How much do looks matter to you in a relationship? Do you have requirements?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone is going to have a slightly different opinion on this subject but I'd say that generally looks are what attracts you to a person. Once you've gotten to know the person more and have an idea of their personality that's when things get important.

I have had crushes on guys before just because of their personality tho, and later on I began to find them physically attractive. I have also been very physically attracted to people who weren't the most friendly types and I soon realized that looks are just an initial superficial thing we notice about a person.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, of course looks matter in a relationship. Yes, it matters to me also, but I give equal importance to personality also, and yes I do have my requirements, standards and both my physical standards and inner personality standards are very high and there is no compromise on either of them.

• Yes they do to a degree but to most what a person's personality is like is more important

• Specific types of looks don't matter; attraction matters.

• An Uncompromisable 51%

• I believe for that initial attraction, yes

Then over time it matters less and less

• Yes they do matter, her pretty face most of all. I can't be attracted otherwise.

• yea I'm never dating someone I'm not attracted to again been there done that

What Girls Said 7

• Sure they matter. Not as much ad personality, but yeah, they're definitely relevant. I don't wanna be with someone I don't enjoy looking at.

• They truly don't matter much. I won't say they don't matter at all though. I like a persons personality so much more. I have liked so many people that I honestly thought I would never be attracted to, but when I got to know them as a person I really started to fall for them. I mean, my best friend is a really attractive guy, but I feel no attraction to him whatsoever. Like, none. I'm not just a looks person.

• To a certain extent. There has to be some sort of physical attraction. But looks only get you in the door. Your personality determines if I shut it behind you or not.

• To a certain degree looks are important. They're what initially attracts you to a person but if said person doesn't have any substance to them and their personality is unattractive than their looks become irrelevant. In a way looks are a sidekick to personality.

• Yeah, looks are pretty important. I'm not going to date someone I'm not physically attracted to.

• Simply, yes. There's a level of attraction that must be there.

• No requirements aside from that we need to have some attractions... Lookwise.