Would you date someone you're not physically attracted to at all?

If you and a person got along well and you liked talking with them and they're nice and stuff but you're not physically attracted to them at all not even 1% would you still date that person? Why or why not? Because this guy said he likes me and I mean he's nice and stuff but I'm not physically attracted to him at all so I told him we could only be friends and he got mad so we stopped talking, am I being mean or something or is it reasonable?

• Yes I would date them if I'm not physically attracted to them
  • No I wouldn't date them if there was no physical attraction

Most Helpful Guy

• Anyone is going to get upset when they are turned down. Especially if things were going well. Male, female, ugly, hot. If they like someone and want something from it, then are turned down, it's an upsetting thing.

But no. I wouldn't date someone I wasn't attracted to. That sorta defeats the entire purpose.

Wow. The male and female ratios are almost identical. Yes: 6/6 No: 26/25

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm not physically attracted to him, then I don't think I could sustain a healthy relationship with him. While I would be content with his personality, my mind would wander elsewhere when it came to the physical aspect. I wouldn't want to be unfair to him like that.

What Guys Said 22

• Yes, I would. I may be among the minority, but I'm not that visual. Intelligence, kindness, and a pleasing personality attracts me a lot more to a person than her looks.

• Well, I am never going to date in my lifetime. However for the purpose of answering your question, my answer is

' NO WAY"!!.

• Why would you date someone if there is not a physical attraction? I certainly wouldn't marry her or even want to have sex with her. Why would I make her think that I am interested if I am not? Isn't that just cruel?

• I'd date them if I were single. But I wouldn't date a person I don't appreciate for her personality and intelligence.

• Nope, why would I do that?

• I'm fine staying single than doing that.

• Not looks are everything, but you gotta at least be physically attracted to them otherwise you just lose interest.

• maybe when I am older and wiser

• This is a hard one. I don't think I would if she was completely unattractive to me personally, but if she was just average looking then I might. It sounds pretty shallow but I'm just being honest.

• Yeah as long as she put a brown paper bag over her head.

• I did before and I never will again.

• no. looks isn't everything but I need at least to be attracted to them

• fuk no

• Yes , I will date a girl if she is kind to me and she's smiles often and laughing at my jokes , Being romantic with me like saying "I love you " often, no matter of her physical body.

• Whilst looks aren't everything, there does need to be a physical attraction for me personally

• not sure it would work

• no why waste my time she doesn't have to be some super hot chick but I have to be attracted too her

• I would yes a girls personality is important to me

• hmm i think attraction not i mean if you know him and he is a good guy then no second for the chance

• might as well date a dog

• Sorry no I tried once.

• It's reasonable for you to say just friends.

It's reasonable for him to feel hurt.

It's reasonable for him to stop talking to you.

What Girls Said 17

• Physical attraction is important for any relationship. It's healthy and normal. I've tried dating guys I didn't feel that spark with before and it has never ever worked out good. You deserve someone who gives you butterflies. Don't sell yourself short.

• Hell no. At least SOME physical attraction is essential to have a long-lasting happy relationship. It's also not fair to the other person. Everyone deserves to be with someone who can't take their eyes off them.

• nope never again!

• There has to be some physical attraction of I'm being honest. It doesn't trump personality but it has to be there at least.

• Why would I?

I know my opinion will be unpopular, but for there to be romantic love, there has to be a mental/emotional AND Physical connection.

So I wouldn't give up part of what makes romantic love, romantic love.

• Oppps I accidently voted A bit no no no waaay, physical attraction is MANDATORY

• No. I will not date someone I am not physically attracted to.

• Um.

I don't think I would. And you definitely shouldn't feel bad about it. The same thing happened to me when I was in middle school.

There was a guy who liked me, but I never liked him as more than a friend.

Nothing bad though.

:\

• No, physical attraction is essential.

• no i wouldn't

• It's not possible for me.

• Nope, physical attraction is important.

• No, I won't. Physical attraction is important to me.

• No. That's what a friend is.

• sounds bad but i would just because i would be so grateful that someone likes me lol

• No wayyy

• No I would not. I've tried that before, he wasn't ugly or anything I just wasn't attracted to him at all. It made me not want to be physical or affectionate with him, which essentially meant I neglected him and our relationship which did not turn out good.