Is there only one person for everyone?

To love for the rest of your life

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah. Realistically there's probably many that you have the potential to fall in love with.

• Hmm really? I'm not sure i like that if it's true. Is there no 'one' that is the ultimate match?

• Think on the positive side, if it was only possible with one person it's unlikely anyone would ever find their person :)

• Yeah. . . I guess that wouldn't be good

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say just find one good woman and stick to her. People aren't televisions or some household appliance you can change whenever you want to. I don't believe that there's someone predestined for us. But I do believe that through patience, understanding and effort. We can cultivate a relationship that could last a lifetime.

What Girls Said 7

• We're 7 billion people on the planet. It's unrealistic to think there's only 1 person that is a "soulmate" especially when you know only about 0.000001% of the world's population.
    There might be a person on the other side of the world that would have been a perfect match for you but whom you'll never meet.

There are many persons that can be very compatible to you and could be a potential significant other, though statictically they represent a small percentage of the persons you know in general. However, life is all about choices. You meet one of those persons. You fall in love. It starts with a passion but with time the passion reduces, it doesn't mean the love is dead though. You have the choice to stay loyal to that one person you love, or break up or cheat etc.
    In my opinion that is the whole core concept of marriage, and as well as people who cheat or decide to divorce.

Sometimes the match was truly not compatible and in that case it wasn't really love, but I think the reason why many people cheat is because as soon as they meet another person that was on that list of potential significant others, they think their current love partner is not "the soulmate".

That is why, I don't believe in soulmates. Just choices of staying with a partner you fall in love with.

• Nope. Lots of people fall in love more than once and lots of people are in relationships involving more than two people.

• No, there can be multiple! You don't have to love only one person for the rest of your life, it can come in different times. Just because you love is more for another person doesn't make your past love invalid.

• Cool, so there's levels of love you feel for different people?

• Well I can say I felt love for my first boyfriend, however I do love my current boyfriend, and its a lot deeper and i'm happier, but I wouldn't say my first love wasn't real.

• That's good of you to say that, most people couldn't say that about their ex

• It would be nice to know that somewhere on Earth is someone only for you.
    That one day you will meet each other.
    It is a nice dream but still dream.
    However, sometimes I let myself to think about it - that's my romantic side.
    Down to earth side of me thinks that - world is not that perfect place, where there is only one person for everyone.
    We have choice and it is good.
    So I believe that Guy/girl dreamy exists only in our fantasies and helps us to find that one in real life.

• I believe there may be one person that will forever be in your heart, but that you can have multiple loves throughout your life.

• i don't think so, but i think there's one person who will love you BEST for the rest of your life.

• I personally believe in soulmates. I do however think that most people never meet there's and you can fall in love with lots of different people and not even realize your missing out on something unless you had it and lost it :/.

What Guys Said 8

• that would be horrible xD what if you´ve broken up with someone? are you doomed to be forever alone then?

• No because breaking up means they weren't the 'one' but with death I'm afraid so. Then you have to get a dog

• i don´t think so to be honest. because "the one" is only a description given afterwards. it´s impossible to tell beforehand if somebody is "the one" for you, therefore i´d claim that of course there are many. i mean not if you just can´t ever get over one, then it sucks for you xD

• Yeah that's true

• It ranges from many to one to zero soul mates per person. Not everyone is lucky in the love department of life. :/

• Nope. There's like 20,000 worldwide.

• if you're lucky

• No, that makes literally no sense.

• Obviously not.

• No, that is all fantasy that girl's like to believe in.

• Not in this day and age buckaroo