How long would you date before declaring it a relationship?

How long would you date a person before saying that you're in a relationship and calling each other boyfriend/girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's not clearly friends with benefits, and you're not seeing other people, there's no reason to act all twitchy about calling it what it is. Doesn't mean you're about to get married, but you are a couple.

• How do you know if either of these isn't the case for the other person?

• You have to talk. Specifically in the seeing other people you can't assume. It's not a demand it's just seeing where they are and if they want to move forward or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think probably a few to 6 months, I know it seems like a long time however I need to know that I have a future with them and it's not just a fling and like each other but that we can and desire to be around each other often.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't date, I court so for me there isn't a phase or a time frame we're either together (going on dates and such) or we're not.

• If she has a good personality, not long, maybe right away.
    If her personality is confusing I would wait a bit longer like maybe a week.
    If her personality is discomforting me I already know the answer, never.

What Girls Said 7

• It doesn't really work like that in my country. There is not even an actual translation for the word "dating". You're just in a relationship when you say so.
    The "get to know each other" phase isn't an official thing and many people make things official pretty quickly.
    With my boyfriend we decided we were in an official relationship while we were getting to know each other

• Actually a large segment of my family and friends are out by you and each of them went through traditional courting phases etc.

• Probably by the time we had sex or soon thereafter.

• There's no time limit for that. You say you're in a relationship after you've talked about it together and decided you're in one (or one formally asks the other which is essentially the same thing)

• So when would you be comfortable talking about it?

• As soon as I feel Id want to be in a relationship or feel the other would want it

• I would say 3 months.

• 2 plus months

• I myself waits till about 2 months.

• I would say 3-6 months, depending on how frequent we are able to see each other.