Guys, what would you think of a woman you don't know very well inviting you over for dinner?

many many years ago, I had a huge infatuation on a guy who worked in the same building as me, but different company. I wanted to ask him out on a date, but didn't make much money so didn't feel like I could afford it and figured inviting him over for dinner would be much more doable. I told a friend I was thinking of inviting him to dinner, asked advice on how to go about it, but she discouraged me, because "that would be desperate".

I would never even think to do this now, not because I think it's at all desperate, but because it isn't really safe. but I was randomly thinking about dates I've been on in the past and he popped in my head. so, I'm curious how a guy would even react to someone they talk to every now and then, but don't really know, inviting him to their home for dinner?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it facilitates seduction to happen cause you both are in an isolated place. It may be a good idea, but depends on what type of guy you're dealing with. If he's handsome at outside, but inside... he's a psycho then you're in deep... deep trouble lol

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a good idea for a first date. Just invite him out for a drink.

• yea, I know that now (I'm guessing you didn't read the description). I'm just curious to see how a guy would even react to it.

• I did read the question and details. I suppose I just don't understand how you can't even afford to buy the guy one drink. If you are that broke then right now isn't a good time for dating and you should look to improve you situation.

Inviting someone to your home for a first date is just awkward and weird. First dates aren't meant to be that long and personal. Third date is the absolute earliest for something like that

• I was 18 at the time, making minimum wage, and living in LA (which is pretty overpriced).

What Guys Said 10

• She wanted to get laid would be my first thought that comes in mind, but I wouldn't complain on the free dinner that comes with it and if I am physically attracted to her.

Anyway, you mentioned that he popped in your head as you reminisced. Have you seen him, or looked him up recently out of curiosity? Sorry for being random, thought you might want to ask him out for a coffee and share this cute story with him lol

• no, that was like a decade ago. I don't even live in the same city anymore.

• So basically you moved passed this infatuation phase you had not giving any more thought of the idea of meeting this guy someday?

• yea. I was really just curious

• I would assume that I was being invited for more if it was just me and her.

I would also hope she can cook and will be cooking something I like.

• ok. that makes sense. at the time, I was too naive to even think he'd probably think that way too.

• Not gonna lie, I'd think she want the D. First date at a woman's house sounds sketch, like almost too good to be true.

• lol, like I told someone else, at that time, I had little experience with guys, didn't even think his mind would be going that way. probably a good thing I never invited him.

• I would think: she's thinking sex.

• id go thinking there's a chance id get laid but not solely off that. id also bring a small gun or a knife because women be cray

• Id like that!

• I think it sounds fun🙂

• That would be awesome

• A girl invited me over to watch a movie, the movie was just in the background... she wants to fuck.

• I will think perhaps she is interested and wants to catch up.

• well, obviously she would be interested. but you don't know this woman well, so it wouldn't be catching up.

• Just the interest only then, and if I feel the same, I will be looking forward to it.

What Girls Said 0