My friends say I am picky about girls, am i?

I know what I want in a girlfriend. I do my duedilligence on girls before I ask them out. I want to know what j am getting into before I do. I don't want to waste my time or hers. Am I being too picky? Most of my friends will date any girl that "opens" her legs. I am not one of those guys. They keep saying I got too high of standards. I'm 24 and want a real relationship not just a fling or one night stand.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's fine. Just make sure that your 'wanted list ' is achievable. Girls can be guilty of this, I know I have been. We build these lists. He must have this, and that... And the list ends up with 30 different qualities that we desire in a partner. ( some of them contradictory). So maybe restrict the breaker qualities (the qualities the girl must have) to 3-4 things.
    These things might included- must be a certain religion ( if religious), must live within 10kms ( if unwilling to move), must want children ( if you plan to have a family in the future) etc
    Have a further 5-10 desired qualities ( would be nice to have, but not deal breakers)
    Likes sports, likes hiking, likes dogs, likes Chinese food, likes to play Xbox, etc
    Be open to go on a date with someone who mets all your essential qualities, but may not met all or very few of your desired qualities. You may find that you meet someone who may not have initially met all the desired qualities, but who is in fact a perfect match because she is unique and different and adds a little spice to your life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people are just careful nothing wrong with that

What Girls Said 14

• You're not picky , you are just being selective. It's best to wait for someone who you know you'll be happy with, rather than just settle for anyone for the sake of being in relationship. If you settle for the wrong person , you'd never meet the right one 😊

• I am quite "Picky Myself, and have even Gone from American men to Foreign men Now as a Preference.
    However, in 'Being too picky,' I also have Become a Fickle Pickle as I have gotten Older, less Bolder.
    There is way too much Divorce in Today's Society, and with your own 'Too High Standards," I feel your own Good Head on your Shoulders Ideas Are by Far... A Great Real Deal in this Ordeal.
    Good luck, Smart One. xx

• I don't think you're being picky at all. I just think like you said, you want a real relationship and are being careful as to who you get into one with. I like to get to know guys before I get into relationships with them too, I think it's sensible to know what you are getting yourself into. You are not being picky, just careful. By the sounds of it your friends just want someone to hook up with whereas you want something more serious, nothing wrong with that.

• There's nothing wrong about it. On the contrary, I'm supporting you on this one. It's better to find someone with who you connect on a long term, instead of just someone for the sake of being in a relationship.

Nowadays, our society has drastically changed and to the worse. Most people I know are into relationship not because of love, but mainly to get rid of this feeling of loneliness (or I should say "single status").

Keep in mind that what I state here is not applicable for everyone, however those I know are in this situation.

• No, I feel the same.

• Nope , you are alright by me, a man after my own heart.

• Considering your age, most deff not. It's fine to date around and have fun when you're younger but as we grow older we desire partners who actually have potential in them and aren't just all looks. You seem mature in comparison to your friends and that's probably why you're second guessing yourself. Wanting to get to know someone isn't being picky or having sky high standards, you just know what you're going after and these are the perfect attributes for someone wanting a real relationship.

• I think it's good to have standards, as long as they are realistic. You won't find girlfriend material in the girls who just open their legs to anyone so I think you're doing the right thing.

• If anything, it's a good thing that you don't want to waste yours or hers time. Nothing wrong with making sure.

• You are a normal guy not a STD bag so nothing is wrong here just be urself :)

• No you're not picky. You just know what you want in someone and want the relationship to last.

• They have low standars, you're fine

• Just saying all the things I wanna hear 💜

• No, seems fine to me. I don't like wasting other people's time because I hate when they waste mine.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm the same, I have very high standards on a girls looks and only want a lasting relationship, rather be alone than settle period.

Fuck what the others say

• They know that there aren't any decent women left, so they are telling you to settle for what's realistic.

• You want love, what a f*g lol

• Nah, your fine. I've heard that comment my whole life.

• Does it matter if you are picky do whatever you want and like whoever you want