Dating coworkers. Good idea, bad idea, bad idea but worth the risk?

I'm sure this question has been asked 100 times before, but ehh.

• Good idea.
  • Bad idea.
  • Bad idea but worth the risk.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a bad idea but that didn't stop me from dating another coworker years later. It was still a bad idea. If you really like a person it's hard to avoid.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what kind of company.
    Grocery store? Hell yeah.
    Insurance company? Maybe, who cares.
    FBI? Probably not.

What Girls Said 4

• I can't say if it's good or bad.
    Depends on where I guess.
    My boyfriend is studying to be a defense attorney and I'm studying to be a prosecutor. In a sense it's worse for us because we're suppose to work against each other. We're both starting internships soon and they're rivaling companies so I'm not really sure how this is going to work out.

• I'd say it's worth the risk. Two of my teachers were dating each other and they recently got married so that worked out pretty well. Who knows, could happen to you too.

• It's not a good idea, as it distracts you from working

• People told me to not do it (right now I go to a job program for adults with disabilities) and I did it and it was a horrible idea. So from personal experience I had people telling me not to and it was a bad idea. And it's been a bad thing for every work couple I've seen

• What happened?

• How would one determine they were meant for each other?

• It usually takes time. Every relationship is different. Everyone's experience is different. Every situation is different. Some can know right when they meet someone and some it takes some time of whatever amount.

What Guys Said 9

• You date a co-worker and it goes well for awhile, your relationship moves into a sexual relationship, and then you break up when she mistakenly thinks you have cheated on her. Now she is going around your office telling everyone who will listen that you cheated on her and used her. She was already their friend and now she is crying so of course they take her side and tell her how horrible you truly must be. Your co-workers stop talking to you except when absolutely necessary for business.

Was it a good idea?

• Hmm. For me personally, my coworkers are boring as fuck, anyway. So, sure. I got sex out of it. Worst comes to worst, I find a different job.

• That works as long as you are in a job where you can change and not suffer any loss. When you have a job that is worth having - a good job and not just an entry level position - the same statement will not apply.

• I work in an office setting and for me it's "hell no". It was awkward enough just breaking up with a girl who frequented my favorite bar. At work would be a nightmare! I think it's okay if you aren't in such a tight environment or don't care so much for your job. If you intend to stay long-term and trying to build a career, I think it's a pretty horrible move to date your co-workers.

• Professionally it 'could' be a bad idea, but it really depends on the job and what direction you're headed in. Basically do you even care? I've definitely considered doing it and probably would in the right situation.

• Yeah. It would require a specific type of people, I suppose. And does matter on what job it is, as well, like you said. Both would have to be able to leave work as work: separate personal and work lives. Or just fuck it if it's an unimportant job.

• Ver, very VERY Bad idea, it's fun at first but very awkward after, the things I wish I could un-do sometimes but eh :v

• i dated a girl i work with. its cool at first til people get into your business

• if you really like her, not if you' just looking for temporary thing.

• no, it's fine/normal.

• I worked as a bartender and this new girl started and I was pretty smitten. Everything was going well and about 2 months in she cheated on me, so yeah it was a bit awkward at work after that but it was worth the risk at the time. If you were in a fulltime career (like that you need a degree for or something) thats definitely a bit more of a risk

• The problem is that if the relationship goes to shit, you are still forced to seeing them regularly. This is I think the worst problem.