Why is my guy friend being so rude to his girlfriend about this?

My guy friend and me are each others best friend. There is one thing though.. His girlfriend is so pretty, but she has gained a little weight and he flat told her she needs to loose weight. I was in shock i told him that was mean! He said well i want her to look hot in the summer in a bikini.. I understand that, but to me there is a nicer way to say it!! Should he not have said it another way? and now she will not talk to him i totally get both sides. However, he wants me to talk to her about what he said. I told him no way and now he is mad at me! Am i right should he have told her a nicer way to loose weight? she is the sweetest thing and so pretty! I have seen him turn into a different guy since they started dating, but i just do not think he understands how lucky he is. What should I do? Should I talk to her for him or just ignore the situation and let them deal with it?

What Guys Said 2

• Your doing the right thing because at the end of the day it is his relationship and if he doesn't see how lucky he is then its his fault. Im guessing he came off that way because he is more comfortable with that person and felt that being blunt wouldn't have a negative effect. And truth is once a guy finally gets a girl he forgets that she is still the girl he had to work for and some people lose sight of that. The least you can do is talk to him in a calm situation and tell him what he did was wrong and try to come to an understanding and give him advice on how he can talk to her to work things out.

• You did the right thing to stay out of it. It is basically none of your business, but he is sorta dragging you into it. Of course he could have said it nicer, but maybe he has in private and she isn't listening? Who knows?

What Girls Said 1

• Oh boy, he got that all wrong didn't he? I wouldn't get too involved in the whole scenario as he made it bad and he should be the one to correct it. And, also it's their relationship and they should sort it out.

What he said was mean and now he's paying the price. However, he does have the right to say that her prefers her at a different weight. He should tell her that he loves and cares about her and that what he said was mean and thoughtless. He should grovel a little but not too much. He should just say he's a dork and he didn't mean to be so blunt about it. Please forgive me. You know that kind of thing.

From what you wrote it seems he does see her as a bit of a prize and wants to show her off. This reality check might be what he needed tbh.